Chapter 11: the beach

That afternoon I'm outside hanging out with clary, her boyfriend, and Jake. She's throwing a football with her boyfriend and I'm talking with Jake on the front porch of Clary's house.
"So.... I just wanted to take a second to thank you." He gives me a confused look.
"Why?..." He asks.
"Because you hugged me this morning." He laughs.
"Well then thank you too." Now this is where I'm confused.
"Why?"
"Because you let me hug you. Duh," I laugh and nudge him with my arm.
"Then your welcome," he smiles.
"Right back atcha baby girl," I give him a 'what did you just say look'.
"Baby girl?... Did you just call me baby girl?"
"No Nik I call that guy squirrel over there 'baby girl'. Who do you think I called baby girl," I laugh at his sarcastic remark and roll my eyes.
"Well I'm not your baby girl. Soo..... Don't call me that," he stands up smiles down at me, kisses me on the forehead and says.
"Okay baby girl," he walks away chuckling. I roll my eyes. 'Jeez... Boys are weird' I think to myself. I walk over to them and watch clary and her boyfriend Miles throw the football and Jake be an idiot and try to do a back handspring. He actually lands it. I do a front walkover towards him.
"Where'd you learn to do that?" I ask.
"I didn't. I taught myself. Now what about you?"
"Three years of gymnastics," I say smiling.
"Well they payed off,"
"Thanksss," he laughs and walks in side to get a drink. I walk over to clary.
"So whatcha wanna do today," Miles rolls his eyes and walks inside to find Jake.
"Uh, I wanted to go to the beach, I mean it's really hot out here and there's no sign of rain and my friend Kylie said that the beach is beautiful today," I considered it. She had a point. Plus I love the water.
"Yeah let's go find the boys. I'll ask Jake to take me home to get towel and stuff. I don't have a bathing suit that fits anymore so if you want we could meet up at the 'Beach and suit," store down town,"
"Yeah let's do that. I need a new one anyway." We head off to find the boys. I'm walking inside and Carly is right behind when I hear them talking. I don't close the door so they can't hear us. I motion to clary to be quiet. And she stops and listens in too.

"Nikki.... She's gonna get hurt if she doesn't stay away from him," (this was Jake) I look back at clary and we're obviously thinking the same thing. Who?
"Yeah, I don't know much about him but I know he's trouble,"
"Yeah. Trust me I would know. He might give to much away too,"
"God knows if he did that it would all crash and burn," clary moves and it makes something make a cracking sound. So I just walk in to make it look like we were just coming in. They shut up.  I walk into the kitchen where they clary got the memo and played along.
"Hey boys were going to the beach. Jake I need you to take me home to get something and then we're gonna meet up at the 'beach and suit' shop down town." He looks at me with a smirk.
"Mhm okay. Guess we're going to the beach," me and clary give each other a look.
"Yep so let's go." We head out and back home.
On the way there it's quiet. He's surprisingly relaxed. He's a little tense. If you weren't suspecting him of something then you wouldn't be able to tell he's hiding something. I can't handle it anymore and open my big fat mouth.
"You seem a little tense there. Like your hiding something," he gives me a nervous laugh.
"What do you mean love?" He hand tightens around the stirring wheel. I laugh and mimic him.
"Nikki... She's gonna get hurt if she doesn't stay away from him," he laughs.
"Ah you heard, I thought you were like about to accuse me of death." I give him a sarcastic smile.
"Who's 'him'?" He gives me a strange look.
"Wait you really haven't figured it out?" I give him a look.
"No. No I haven't," he laughs.
"It's Raven, all of that was about Raven," the light goes off in my head.
"Oooooh makes sense now, duh," he laughs.
"But what about the 'he'd might give it all away' or what not?" He smiles.
"Something that happened last year that he regrets and needs to move past." I nod. Well. Makes sense.  Later when we get to the shop I'm in shorts and a light white tee. Clar And I go grab a couple bathing suits I let her talk me into a bikini. Why did I do that. After we pay we go back into the dressing rooms and put them on under our clothes.  I tell her about what he was talking about when we're changing and we leave when we're done and head to the beach. Which was pointless we could have walked. The two minute drive. But whatever they don't listen.

When we get there clary and miles instantly run to the shore. I roll my eyes and grab some stuff I have to make two trips with the help of Jake and one without him. When I put the last of the stuff down. Jake comes up behind me and whispers.
"Ready for some fun," I look out at the water and then at miles and clary and smile.
"Yeah," he smiles.
"Then let's go." I throw off my shirt and then slip off my shorts leaving me in the blue and black bikini clar made me get. I smile and run towards the water but Jake scoops me up runs towards it spins me around and dumps me in. I jump up laughing. Later on we eat the chips and cliff bars miles brought and chill on the shore. I smile and look up. This is great.