Chapter 5: Where do i go now?

In the morning I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I roll over and groan. I have a habit of doing that. I stare at the ceiling as all the memories of yesterday come rushing in. I start to feel a little dizzy. So i shake my head to try and stop it. It doesn't work. I try and stand, but I end up falling back on the bed. So I just lay there, waiting for it to pass.

Twenty minutes later:
I get out of the shower and dress, I can't even come to think about who would have done it...... They're so stupid....... Who does this? I hear one of my favorite songs come on the radio so I sing along. "Cause all of me, loves all of you. All you curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections. I give you al-," i hear a knock on the door and I grunt. Seriously?! I was singing here. I walk over to the door and open it.
"Hello?" Who I see surprises me. Well kinda, I'm just not used to this in the morning. She's pretty nice when u come to think about it. Officer Tina looks at me with an expression that says 'I'm so sorry' I look at my feet.

"Hey hon, you okay?" She asks. "Yeah I'm fine, just I'm not used to any of this," she let me stay at her house. No joke. She literally had the other officers take everything from my bedroom and put it in her spare room. Surprisingly it looks just like my old bedroom. "Okay that's great! I have some eggs, bacon, and toast downstairs for you, okay?" I mumble a thank you and go back into my room (her room). I grab my phone and shove it in my pocket, then run downstairs.

After breakfast she takes me down to the station and has me sit in the lobby. I have a sparkling water, but it isn't helping much. It's kinda just making things worse. I'm feeling sicker and sicker every minute. I watch as the officers stand over in a little huddled watching and whispering about me. I wonder what they're saying. I just smile and then look at my hands when one stares right at me. Gosh these people......

A few hours later:
After all the questioning, they decide I'm innocent and I know nothing about what happened, I really don't.
I'm just sitting here waiting for the officers to shut up and get me out of here and to my bed. Well Tina's bed. Until I see a man that looks familiar walk into the office. He looks at me then looks at the officers and walks over there. Who is he? I know I've seen him before.... He waits until they notice him, then starts whispering with them. I see him point at me. Then I see one of their faces express an expression that says 'really? I mean like honestly?' He nods and then says something else. The guy who gave him a look smiles and shakes his head yes. If only I knew what they were saying.... A few minutes later the officer the man was talking to walks up to me and introduces himself. "Hello Nikki, my name is officer Mark. You can call me mark," I smile up at him. "Hi mark," I say. He flashes a white toothed smile. "I just came over her to inform you that, one of your friends dads had come over and said that he would like to take custody of you, but you won't be his daughter," I give him a look that says 'really?' "Seriously, and which friend?" He gives me a look. "Mr. Brady," I think for a minute. OH! Yes this is Jake Brady's dad, the new guys dad. I smile up at the officer. "Oh yeah, him, I think I could live with that, his sons are cool, they would be great friends to have,"

"That's great, he's already singing the papers so you didn't really get a choice, but yes friends would be great right now, you know? With all your going through," he looks at his feet. "Yeah, so when is he gonna be done with the papers?" The officer looks up and is about to say something until another voice cuts in.. "Right now miss Nikki," says the new boys dad. I look up and smile. "Thank you sir, thank you for giving me a place to stay," he nods and smiles. "It's no problem, the boys need a friend anyway," I laugh a little. "What about Mrs. Tina?" The officer cuts in. "She'll be alright, she's not so happy about u not going to be staying with her, but she said it would be fine if u wanted to stay with him instead," I smile. "Good," I say standing up. "You ready to go miss Nikki?" Asks the Mr. Brady. "Yes." He takes my arm and we walk out the door. Soon I'll be at my new home. I can't wait to see it...

Here's chapter 5!! Hoped you enjoyed. Leave comments on what u thought and vote! Love y'all! ~angel