Chapter 1: Her story

When I was 1 my dad left, we were on our own, me and my mom. Her name is Beatrice, and we'll go make this long story as short as possible.. 16 years later I'm in school and my mom is remarried. I'm living a normal teenage life. I'm an artist, I love drawing. But my type of drawings aren't what you call happy drawings. They show you there's a darker side to this world. I have no friends but one. Her name is Clary Lockhart. She's tall and skinny just like me.. Only she has blonde hair I have black. I have blue eyes, she has green. We are very different but we are best friends, I mean we've been best friends since Pre-K.  She's beautiful and funny and smart. I couldn't live without her. But lately she's been very busy with her new boyfriend. I've never really been into boys, I've always kinda just stayed back. Clary hates that I don't like tight clothes and makeup, but I don't care.  My mom looks just like me but she has green eyes instead. She tells me I look a lot like my dad, but I don't remember what he looks like. The other day my mom was diagnosed with leukemia, the doctors say she only had another one or two months to live if she doesn't get treated, but We don't have the money to pay for the treatment. I've been really depressed lately... I mean what can I say, finding out that your mom is going to die in a month or so is terrifying. At least I have a month with her, some people only have a couple days. No matter how she goes she's gonna die a hero, my hero. My step dad started drinking to wash away the pain. He hasn't been home much lately but I don't care. I never really liked him I've always hated him with some raw emotion. He never really liked me either but he put up with me. At least he did that. I had a brother his name was Larry. But he died in a car accident two years ago when he was 12. I loved him so much. And I miss him more everyday. We were only 2 years apart, but he was still my little brother. Today I'm just sitting here. Staring at my ceiling and thinking about my life. I don't know what I'm gonna do when moms gone. But I know it's probably not gonna be good... 

"Nikki, come down here please!" Mom yells from downstairs. I shake my head to clear the thoughts and run downstairs. 

"What?" I yell from the stairs as i'm walking into the living room. 

"Will you please get me that water over there,"  I roll my eyes when she points to the water a foot away from her. I give it to her and give her a sarcastic smile.

"Here you go mom," she smiles and takes it. 

"Thank you dear, now go get dressed," I look down to see my pajama shorts and a tank top. "What's wrong with this?" I ask, she looks at me like she's hiding something but doesn't answer.

"What's wrong with it?" I ask again. She starts laughing.

"Well because dear, you wouldn't want to wear that to the mall, now would you?" She says smiling.

"What do you mean, I wouldn't want to wear this to the mall?" She smiles and taps her fingers. 

"What I meant was, I set you up a date at 2 pm with mrs. Sanders boy. He's gonna come pick you up at 1:30," I look at her like she's crazy. 

"Are you being serious. You really want me to go on a date with Albert?!" She smiles again. 

"Well why not?" I give her a look then run upstairs to get changed. When I get to my bedroom I figure out that it's already 1:00. God I can't believe my mom. Of course she would do this. I hurry and get ready. When I'm done getting ready I'm dressed in jeans and a tee, with some vans. I throw my hair up in a long pony tail then rub on some deodorant. I grab my phone then run outside to wait. He arrives two minutes later. When he gets out of his crapy car I stand up and smile.

"Hey Nikki, you look beautiful," I smile. "Thank you." he puts his arm around my waist then leads me to the car. I don't necessarily like it but I let him anyway. I jump in and we're off.

Read!!!
Leave likes and comments and all that good stuff. Love u guys so much.
          ~rosa