Chapter 4: Shes gone

"Mom...?" I start breathing really heavily. No. No. No. No. No. Why?Why? Why? Why. Mom. No. Mom... I grab my phone and call Carly. 

"Hey girl, I literally just saw you 20 minutes ago, what's up?" She says laughing. I don't answer for a really long time.

"Nikki, Nikki what's wrong?" She says seriously.
"Carly, my mom is dead," she doesn't say anything. I hear the phone on the other side hang up and I know she's on her way. I call the police and ambulance as fast as I can. With my brain finally going into shock and panic I talk really fast jumbling up my words.

"Inahamulance," the lady on the other side of the phone lets out a sound.

"What sweetie? I didn't get that." I flinch. "Mymumsdead,plasesshelp," I plead.
"Ma'am, I need you to calm down and tell me what's wrong," she says patiently.

"My. M..my mom.. Is.. Dead. I.. I think.. She .. Wa.was.. Killed," the lady on the other side screamed some orders at a bunch of people then came back to me. 

"Okay honey I need you to get out of the house and we will be there with you in a few minutes, now sweetie where do you live?" I gave her the address and she hung up. I hear Carly pull In and I run downstairs and out of the house. She gives me a 'I'm so sorry' look and I throw myself into her arms.
"What happened?" She's asked.
"I.. I don't know, I just walked inside and didn't see her so I started yelling, she wasn't responding so I just went upstairs to check if she was in the shower, I open the door and there she is." She wraps her arms around me and holds me tighter.

                               .....
                   (An hour later)

"Miss Preston?" Someone yells from inside the house and I turn around.
"Yeah?" The lady that was on the phone with me ~Her name is Tina~ Walks up to me. "Honey I am so sorry, no one your age should have come home to see that," I sigh then a tear trickles down my cheek.
"Do you know who killed her?" I ask.
"No, not yet but we're getting there," I drop my head.
"Do you think it could have been suicide?" She shakes her head.
"There's just no way, not with all the clues leading to a murder. Anyway why would she want to kill herself? She has a beautiful amazing daughter I wouldn't understand it if she did," I smiled a little.
"Do you know how she was killed?" She mumbles something.
"From the wounds and all the blood, we think it was an attempted theft, and we also think that she was protecting something, something she didn't want taken from her at all, weather she died or not. But when your mom got in the way they took a knife and stabbed her to death. They killed her and threw her on the bed to kinda cover it up but they didn't do a good job,"

I cock my head.
"They?" She's sighs.
"Yes there were fingerprints on the door handle that didn't match yours or your moms. And I'm afraid they're were to sets of them. Completely different from each other,"  I shiver.
"What's gonna happen to me? Am I going to have to live with my father?" She furrows her eyebrows.
"When was the last time you saw your dad?" She asks.
"I don't know, why?" I ask getting a little worried.
"So you don't know your father killed himself three days ago?" I practically fall into her hard brown arms. She's tall and lean and she's pretty skinny. My step father is gone. He left the country. I don't know where. But he's gone.
"No... No I didn't," she's gasps.
"Oh honey, I'm so sorry."

Later I made them give me a medicine to put me to sleep and I fell asleep into a dreamless night. Tomorrow the questioning starts.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know it's short but it's packed full of surprises. And I'm sorry how the photo of her mom has brownish hair. She had her hair dyed. Vote and comment please. Love yall ~rosa