"What, you incompetent arse?!" Alina shouted loudly at the boy next to her, whose name was Wesley, usually called Wes.

Everyone in the classroom turned their heads at her, in awe and shock because it would be the very first sentence Alina had ever uttered in this school.

Mrs. Pondbury stood still, quiet, mouth agape, ignoring her fallen chalk, her mind refusing to believe that the Princess had uttered her first set of words in her class.

Damian stared blankly at her for a second before turning back into his book, no emotion showing on his face at all.

Wesley's shocked expression turned into a measly grin, and chuckles.

"Wow. First time I'm getting scolded by a royal, a pretty one at that. Momma would be proud." He grins widely, followed by the whole class laughing loudly, except Mrs. Pondbury, Damian and Alina whom just kept quiet.

After that, the whole class went back to studying and Alina found herself busy sketching a portrait of her father.

~

"You have a nice place. I expected your dorm to be.. more Damian." Dick grins, entering his little brother's suite, holding a plastic bag.

"Are you aware that ramen is bad for my health?" Damian snickers, writing on a notebook, not even glancing at the contents of the bag.

"How did you know? You didn't even see what I bro- of course. You're Damian fucking Wayne." Dick laughs, sitting on the soft leather sofa.

"Besides, these aren't for you. It's for me." Dick continues, walking towards the kitchen, turning the stove on.

"Are you really going to devour five portions of Ramen in one sitting? Do you know how bad it is for your health?" Damian raises his eyebrow, glancing at Dick, who found himself busy sorting out the noodles.

"What can I say, being Nightwing drains my energy. I need my favorite cheap food." Dick jokes, still preparing his 'meal'.

Damian smiles to himself, as he continues writing. Not long after, after he was done writing, he put away his notebook and walked towards the couch, sitting next to Dick, busy devouring his noodles.

"Aren't you going to turn it on? It's boring in here." Dick turns to Damian, pointing his chin towards the TV.

"I find television and other medias highly uninteresting." Damian comments, handing the remote over to Dick anyways.

"And by the way, who is the pretty girl living next door? I ran into her earlier. She seems.. familiar."

"If you may have not known, she would be Alina Vanderbilt. Princess of Valencia. A stuck-up one at that, too." Damian murmurs, a stoic expression on his face.

"Aw come on, you can't be too judgmental. You don't even know her story." Dick mumbles as he eats his food sloppily.

"Oh believe me, I know. She probably experienced a perfect, happy childhood, surrounded by friends and family, having everything she desires. All Princesses are the same, Grayson. Spoiled and rotten to the core."

~

Alina had found herself busy that night, standing against the fence of the balcony, reading an encyclopedia.

She needed fresh air, therefore she made her way to the balcony again. She started to like it. Something about the place calmed her.

She hoped Damian wouldn't show up and ruin her peaceful moment.

"Evening." A familiar voice gently startled her, causing her to turn around and face him. Great; when she hoped she'd have a moment to herself.

"I think you have developed a hobby. You keep stealing my spot." He continues, walking next to her, leaning again the fence.

"Oh! Pardon me. I did not see any kind of sign or warning that says 'Property of Damian Wayne'." She retorts, facing him, giving him a challenging smile.

"Well, next time I'll make sure I remember." He chuckles, a glint of playfulness flashing in his deep green eyes; a pair of eyes anyone could drown into.

"You seem annoyed." Alina mutters, raising an eyebrow, suddenly noticing his changing mood.

"Family problems. Something you probably aren't familiar with." He sighs, staring blankly at her; continued by instant regret, wondering why he was so foolish to tell her how he feels.

"Believe me, Damian Wayne, if there's one thing I'm familiar with, it would be family problems. There isn't one day where my family doesn't try to kill each other." She opens up, looking at her perfectly polished nails.

"Well that's unexpected, coming from you. If I do remember, your family is listed as one of the 'happiest' family to ever live." 

"Well, it;s only for the media. Something you're probably used to." She grins playfully, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ah; that. Yes." He laughs, nodding, remembering how he had to smile, act and talk normally in front of cameras, to be seen as a 'normal' boy. Or at least he tried to.

Sadly, even his biggest smile couldn't even come close to a grin.

"Wow." Alina mutters. "What?"

"That's the first time I've heard you laughing. Maybe you aren't that emo after all. Night, Mr. Wayne." She smiles, walking away, opening the big glass door, and disappeared to her suite.

Damian kept silent for a few minutes, inhaling the fresh night air. "Actually, that's my first laugh this year. One point for you, Alina Vanderbilt."

Damian mutters, smiling to himself, going back inside.

____________________________

Awwwwwwwwwww!

Alina : 1 | Damian : 0

Should we keep count of the points? ;)

Anyways thank you for reading once again!! ( I almost wrote 'thank you for watching')

It'll make my day if you vote, so please do! Unless if you don't find yourself enjoying this book, then don't! But I do hope you're enjoying it.

By the way, I plan on uploading at least twice a week. If I don't, it means my schedule is currently filled. But don't worry, I promise I'll update once a week.

Love, Sophia ⚜️