Chapter 10~ The Past (updated)

Marinette: 9 years ago.
"Marine! Are you packed yet?" A kind female voice yelled out.
"Yes Mama! Are we leaving Li?" A small frown covered my face.
"Yes dear. He is terribly injured since the attack. He will stay in China."
"But! I want Li! He has to come! I love him!"
"Sweetie. You're seven. You don't love him."
"Yes I do! I want to marry Li! Like you Married dad before I was born!"
An old woman walked into the room. Her voice cold and rude. "You're to young. Now get to the car with your luggage. Now."
"Yes Grandmother."
   "Good. I've already set up a bakery for you to work in when you are in Paris. It's good training. Marine, when you are older I expect to you be head of the sales and food branch of our company."
   "Yes grandmother. Thank you." With a bow I quickly grabbed my rolling suitcase and ran out to the car.
A limo stood there, a man looked at me. "Marine. Let's go." Mother caught up to me. She grabbed my hand and we entered the limo.
   "Marine. In Paris, you will go by Marinette. Find new friends. Act like a ditz. And be a different person. Understood?" My mothers voice was cold and dead.
   "Yes mama. I will."
   "Good, now get into character."
   With a deep breath I flicked my personality. "Mom! Can me and Dad go visit grandma?"
   "Good sweetie! You did great! Don't forget! Clumsy!" A bright smile lit her face up.
   "Yes mom! I'll do it!"
   "Great. Now I suspect you go find kids your age. I've already arranged a meeting with Felix Agreste. The son of a world famous model and a international fashion designer."
   "Okay mom. I'll do as told."
   "You better."
   I quietly sat in the silent limousine. Fumbling with my thumbs I silently wondered why it was only me that had to deal with this.
   Ages later we arrived. The airport seemed so big. I felt so small. So, useless.
   Mother grabbed my hand, she began to drag me towards the airspace, a group of men followed us. Some carrying our luggage and others scanning the area.
"Over here sweetie." Mother lead me to a large private jet. "This is the jet your grandmother had built. Just for us."

8 years ago.

"No mother! I'm not going back to China! I've found love here. I'm not gonna marry that man I used to love!" Mom yelled into the phone.
Dad quietly scooped me up in his arms. "Hey. How about we teach you how to make a cake my sugar cookie!"
"Yeah! Cake! Cake! Cake!" A huge grin on my face.
   He lead me to the bakery and started to teach me how to make a cake. "Okay sweetie. Can you put this in the oven for me?" I nodded my head very quickly.
   I ran over to the oven and opened it. It was really hot! I put the cake pan in the oven and closed it. As soon as I did that, I heard the bakery door jingle.
   "Oh. Mrs. Agreste! Pleasant surprise." My ears perked up. I quickly ran up to the counter. I stepped in my tippy toes and saw Felix standing there. He quietly waved at me. I waved back.
   "Felix, honey don't be shy. Go, you can play with her!" She hugged her son and then released him to play with me.
   "Can me and Felix play in the forest? Please daddy!" I put on a big pair of puppy eyes.
   Tom and Mrs. Agreste started to laugh. "If Felix's mom agrees."
   "Of course I agree! Have fun kids! Be safe." I grabbed Felix's hand and waved goodbye to the adults. Me and Felix ran though the city. Till we found the old forest.
   "Hey Marinette? You scared?" Felix teased. I pushed him on the nose.
   He lead me to a clearing in the woods. A small hand made hut thing stood there. "I made it myself!"
   "Wow! So cool Fé!"
   "I know! One day, I'll turn this to my superhero hideout!"
   "Cool! Can we be superheroes together Fé? Please!"
   "Of course! You're my partner Marinette."
   "Felix! Guess what!" I quickly grabbed his hands.
   "What Mari?" His face turned a light shade of red.
   I quickly planted a kiss on his cheek. "I love you!"
   He began to laugh. "I love you too Mari!" He hugged me as I let his hands go.
"Felix. You. Are. Hugging. Me. To. Tight." I tried to talk in between breaths.
Felix let me go. A bright smile on his face. "Hey you know what Mar?"
"What? Fé?" I tilled my head to the right.
"We should get married! Like my mom and dad!" Felix held my hand.
We spent the rest of the day playing superheroes and villains.
"Marinette! Felix! It's time for dinner! Come on!" A male voice yelled out.
"Come on Marinette! It's your dad!" I quickly followed Felix to my father.
My father gave me a piggyback as he held Felix's hand. He brought us to the Agreste manor. His mom paced back and forth. Once she saw us, she ran over to Felix and hugged him.
"Felix. How about you show Marinette to your room. You can get changed and I'll get clothes for Marinette."
"Yes mom!" Felix smiled.
A boy, similar looking to Felix walked out and hid behind his mom. "Mom? Who is she? And why is she with Felix?"
"She's my future wife! And I love her!" Felix yelled out as Tom put me down onto the ground.
Dad looked at Felix's mom. A worried expression on his face. "Oh! My name is Adrien! What is yours?" He held his hand towards me.
"I. I am Marinette! Nice to meet you!"
"Hey Mar! Let's go! You're covered in dirt." Felix pointed out. He started to walk into the mansion.
"Hey! Felix! You're no better!" I chased after him. A smile on my face.