Chapter 6~ tears (Updated)

Marinette
As I walked out of the classroom, I took a sip of my coffee. I felt myself bump into someone, spilling my coffee on them. "Thank goodness the coffee cooled down! Are you okay?" My eyes snaked up to see Nathaniel.
"Where are you going Marinette? Are you in trouble?" A small blush scattered across his face.
"No idea. Why aren't you in class?" He fidgeted with his thumbs.
"I was busy at home. I'll see you later my cupcake!" My face felt a tremendous amount of heat. I looked in my pocket and handed him a small packet of tissues.
"I. Um. I'll see you later then!"
I rushed off in a blushing mess towards the principals office. I stood outside his office, a sigh escaped my mouth. After calming down I entered the room.
"Ah. Ms.Dupain-Cheng. I have some news for you." His eyes grim and a scowl stretched across his face. As he started to talk. My heart dropped. No. No. No! I refuse to believe this. Tears fell one after another. I stood up. With a quick bow in thanks to Mr. Damocles, I rushed out.
Through the halls. My footsteps echoed. I slammed the door to the classroom open. Alarming all of the students. Tears streamed heavily. I packed up my bag messily. I grabbed my bag and case with the dress skirt and ran out.
"Wait Marinette! What's wrong?" A male's hand grabbed my shoulder. Nathaniel looked at me. A fearful look on his face.
"Nathaniel." A whimper fell out of my mouth. I dropped my things and wrapped my arms around him. His shirt still damp with coffee. His hand slid to my waist pulling me closer. I felt his heart race.
"I'm. Sorry. I. Really need to go." I let go of him and pushed him away.
I instantly ran leaving my things behind. Through the street. Passing the café. And finally at the bakery. I dug though my pocket for the key to the bakery. I fumbled with the lock, desperate to get back in. I unlocked the door, swinging it open. I locked it back up once I got inside. I franticly ran into my parents room. Please be in here. Please just be asleep. You can't be. You cant! It was dead quiet.
   I moved the blanket. No one was there. Small squeak came from behind me. Tikki floated mid air. Her look told me all. A look of pity. And grief. "Marinette. These days have been hard. And I know it's my fault."
A looked of bewilderment filled my eyes. "How it your fault Tikki! You're the best thing in my life."
   Her small frame started to shake. Like she was scared. "I'm supposed to be a pillar of good luck for you! I have done nothing to cheer you up! I'm supposed to be helping you. I just." I put my hand behind Tikki. Scooping her up in my hand. "Tikki. Never say that. You are the best thing in my life. You've given me so much help and advice. It's true I have a touch of bad luck. But that means nothing. Trust me everything will get better. I swear my life on it. I swear to you Tikki. I will be one of the best Ladybugs you've ever seen."
A tear ahead down her face. I embraced her. Falling to my knees both of us started to cry. "Tikki. Never leave me."
"I wouldn't dream of it Marinette."

Adrien
Nathaniel sat in the back. Clutching onto Marinette's belongings. Anger stirred up inside of me. "Marinette should be mine. I don't get why he got up and comforted Marinette. He isn't even that close of a friend like I am. Why the fuck does Marinette like him over me?" A hiss slipped out of my mouth.
   "Mr. Agreste. If you have something to say to the class then say it." Ms. Bustier seemed uneasy after the Marinette accident. "I'm sorry Miss."
   The day went on without Marinette. Whispers about her flew around school. The lunch bell rung. Most of the students filed out of the class. Nathaniel picked up Marinette's things. He looked tired. Exhausted even. Nathaniel dragged himself out of the classroom. Leaving his stuff on the desk.
   I meandered over to his desk. His sketchbook was opened wide. On it was a sketch of Marinette. Her hair was let down. She wore a small pink childlike dress, and had the two hair clips Nathaniel usually had in her hair. She had her eyes closed with a peace sign held up. It seemed to modeled and natural to be just a random sketch. He had yet to fill it in with color.
   I walked over the the classroom window to see Nathaniel run out onto the street towards Marinette's Bakery. He seemed tired earlier. Why did he seem full of energy now?
   I left my stuff. Running out the room following Nathaniel. He seemed slower than me. I quickly turned into the park to transform.
   As Chat Noir I jumped up to her balcony. Her trapdoor was unlocked. I climbed into the room. Not one noise was in the room. The lights were completely off. I searched the room for Marinette. It was her safe place. I heard small snores down stairs in the living area. I creaked open the trapdoor and stealthily slipped into the dark living room. She wasn't there. But her bag was.
   It was placed near her parents room. I creaked the door open and popped my head in. Nathaniel had kneeled on the ground next to a sleeping Marinette. She laid peacefully on her parents bed. She was wrapped up in her father and mothers blanket. Nathaniel's arms crossed as her stared at Marinette's sleeping face. Her hand was small. It rested in Nathaniel's hand.
   How did he get in? I crept to the bakery. The front door was locked. "Chat Noir. How did you get in here?" A voice growled from behind me.
   "Nathaniel. Buddy. No hard feelings but. How the fuck did you get in the Bakery?"
   "I have a spare key. Now answer my question."
   "No need to tell you. Now if you excuse me. I'll go check on Marinette."
   "Oh. No you don't. Get out. As far as I'm concerned you're breaking and entering."
   "You really hit me as a shy kid. Why are you not Breaking and Entering if I am?"
   "Marinette's parents allowed me to be here while they are on a trip. To keep Marinette company."
   "Okay. Wow. But I'm still gonna go to her."
"She's sleeping. Leave. You maybe a hero but. That doesn't give you the right to barge into someone's home."
"Honestly I came here to have a good time. Now I feel attacked."
"Stop quoting English memes. Now leave." Nathaniel turned around and walked back to Marinette. A darkening rage filled my heart. I don't get it. Why him of all people? Why him?