Ch. 4// Love and Hate

Marinette POV

Storming into my room, I locked the door and screamed out. There were no general words to what I was screaming, but rather a loud sobbing action. I collapsed onto the ground. My entire body shook violently as I recounted the experiences today. It was too much for one day.

I was scared of myself, scared of my actions and how they could come back to haunt me. I didn't know where that strength came from, how I did what I did. Why I did it. It was all new to me, the power, the feeling of crushing Chloe's neck. It was natural. Too natural. I purse busted open, Tikki flying out to comfort me. She wrapped her tiny arms around my arm as I sobbed out in anguish. She took out a stale cookie from the bag, trying to get me to eat something in an attempt to make me happier.

"Marinette, it's okay. I'm here," she placed the cookie in my hand, instinctively I placed it in my mouth and nibbled on it.

At that point, I had stopped crying and just shook in fear. "What was that Tikki? Why did I feel more powerful? Is something wrong with me for enjoying that?"

She shook her head and let go of me, "nothing is wrong with you Marinette. Though I don't think it was just sudden that you gained that strength, after all, you're naturally strong, and that wasn't what you could normally do."

Breathing in and out I tried my best to calm down, "why me Tikki?" I asked, thinking about the way Adrien had treated me, just for one cruel joke.

"I don't know Marinette. I don't know," she whispered as she comforted me. At least there was someone who knew it all, someone that I could talk to about everything in my life. I was happy Tikki was there for me.

My heart slowed down as I was relaxing, as I got up, I could feel my legs wobble, but I kept going. I climbed up to my bed, laying down I clung to my cat hug pillow. A soft tapping noise came from the window above me, I turned to see Chat was a sad look on his face. I took a deep breath and opened the window. He jumped down and sat next to me in bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, it was like he knew what happened, but he couldn't have. "I saw you come home in a rush. What happened?"

I sighed and rested my head on his lap, "I thought he was serious when he asked me on the date. I thought he was at least my friend." A prickle of tears came from my eyes.

He pulled out an apple from his pocket, I hadn't even noticed he had an apple in there. "Here. You need something to distract you. We both need it."

It was nice to have someone listen to me. I watched as Chat cut the apple into a small slice before offering it to me. Gladly, I took the apple and munched on it as he started to vent his sorrows. "I guess we both had a bad day then. I just got rejected by the girl I like. I think she hates me now."

"Ladybug was with you today?" I asked confused, I hadn't transformed in a while. "Why do you think she hates you?"

He slumped a bit and took a bite out of an apple slice, "it wasn't Ladybug." I watched as his face turned even sourer. "I did something really shitty tonight."

I gave him a hug and whispered into his ear, "I'm sure she doesn't hate you Chat. No one could."

In reply he wrapped his arms around my hips, pulling me close to rest his head on my shoulder. I could feel him shake a little as we sat in a warm embrace. It was a soft tender moment to be sure of that. But, it was something sweet of him to do. His arms tightened as I heard light sobbing, at that moment, I felt like crying too. I had barely even noticed the tears streaming down my face, but we were together, comforting each other. Several minutes passed, what seems like so little time together, gone in a second. A soft push separated me from him, he looked tired, even more than usual.

Taking one of his hands, he cupped my cheek, placing a small kiss on my lips. "I love you Marinette. I love you so much." He gave me one final hug before leaving. Left in his place was a cold feeling, a longing for him to stay.

Tucking myself into bed, covering myself with the blanket I whispered goodnight to Tikki. Drifting off into a dreamless sleep. I awoke to a new day, it wasn't a bad day, but one that was dreaded. Dragging myself up I went to go eat breakfast with my parents. My hair was a mess, small baby hairs poking out from my head.

Mom looked at me, a feeling of sorrow in her eyes, "I'm so sorry honey, I shouldn't have let you go on a date with him."

My dad looked angry, pissed even, "I'll teach that boy what it means to mess with the Dupain-Chengs." He clenched his fist on the spoon he was holding. That surprised me, as my father was a relatively soft man who never resorted to violence.

I let out a sigh and ate in silence, my parents took the hint and followed suit. Once I was finished I went to go do the dishes, but my mother stopped me, telling me to get ready for school with a concerned tone. So I did what was told and looked into my closet. I peered to see a pastel green cropped hoodie with small pink flowers adorning the right breast. I decided to wear that with black skinny jeans and a pair of black and green Chat Noir themed tennis shoes. After the daily routine of brushing my teeth and taking a shower, I changed into the clothing, placing my hair in a very messy bun. Before I left my parents handed me a small box of macaroons, each a different color.

I stepped out into the light of the day and groaned. It was too bright for a day like that. While on my walk to school I saw Alya and Nino holding hands, walking together, happy. Faking a smile I jogged over to them, greeting the two as well. They seemed well together, something I wish I could have had. Though the peace didn't hold out for long. Alya pulled me away into the same locker room that Adrien had the day before. I shuddered at the thought of him.

"What's wrong Marin? I know you're upset about something." She badgered on, trying to get me to give up the information.

I relented and told her everything, well almost everything, I didn't want to bring Kitty into this. Alya looked fuming and stormed off into the classroom, I followed on her heels. She slammed the door open to see Nino and Adrien chatting away, Chloe was nowhere to be seen. Adrien looked glumly at me, with no words spoken I sat down and looked at my phone, waiting for the storm to rain. I saw Luka walk in, Jukela with him. He knew something was wrong immediately when he looked in my direction. He walked over to sit next to me, silently offering his shoulder. I saw a soft smile on Juleka's face when he did this.

Alya began to yell before being interrupted by a large explosion in the distance. The school shook furiously. Everyone fled out of the classroom leaving me alone. "Transform me," I whispered, a glowing light enveloping my body. It had been a few days since I last transformed, it felt nice. Zipping out of the classroom I felt the cold air rush past. Chat arrived behind me, greeting me with a soft kiss on my hand. Looking up to the top of the Eiffel Tower a slim teenage boy stood at the top, dangling a couple from the top.

"I am Triché! All cheaters in Paris deserve to end up like you two! I loved you Adelie! How could you do this to me!" He cried out, tears of tar dripped from his eyes dripping onto the girl hanging from the tower. "Ladybug! Chat Noir! Give me your miraculous!"

It was honestly a normal fight, it seemed as if Hawkmoth had lost a touch of power. My breath shook as I screamed out, "Miraculous Ladybug!" A wave of glowing ladybugs flew through the city, though one was different, a purple ladybug flying in the mix. Chat groaned as he sat up, "I have to go. I'm about to detransform." He rushed off in the direction of my house. I was tired, deathly tired. Running over to my home, I felt my consciousness fade, a loud thump was all I had heard as I fell into a deep sleep.