45

"thank you for your co-operation, miss. now, boys, there are multiple things i wonder about you. miss, i'll need you to help me out with some of these."

"um, alright?"

the three of them were very confused with his sudden change of tone, but knew there was no use questioning the questioner. it would only make things worse.

"mr. horan and mr. styles. how did you get yourselves caught up in this?"

they both knew it was meant to be a rhetorical questions, so stayed quiet. of course it looked a little strange, for two random men to find themselves meddling with a broken relationship.

"i'm guessing you all knew each other before the incident today? you seemed to be familiar with one another."

"um, well, i hadn't actually met clementine formally before the, uh, incident today."

"is that so, mr. horan? why were you there, then?"

"because my flat mate, harry here, knew her."

"why was he there, then?"

"because he, um, knew that liam wasn't treating clementine right."

"how did he know that? are they friends?"

"sort of...?"

niall didn't really know what clementine was to harry, because they had now met on only three occasions. they weren't strangers, but they weren't exactly friends, either.

"you sound unsure."

"it's a long story."

harry butted in, saving niall from saying any more. he didn't want niall to be a part of this at all.

"i have a lot of time."

harry and niall shared a short look, then harry took a deep breath before starting.

"well, it started when clementine here accidentally called my number..."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

i know i put stranded on hold but i promise you this story won't go on hold, it's here to be finished :)

so...how do you think the officer will react?

please comment :))))