XXIV: Compromising and Moving In

Start from the beginning

"What?" She stared at us in confusion. The four of us exchanged looks before Ally said, "Is Dinah Jane, the captain of the Camren ship, questioning her own ship?" We all playfully gasped. "I'm just worried about you guys, that's all." Dinah said. I smiled gratefully at my best friend's concern. "Don't worry about it Dinah," Lauren waved off her concerns, settling her arms around my shoulders to tug me closer to her side. "We're both happy."

Dinah pouted like a child, making us even more confused about her behavior. I expected her to be supportive about our decision seeing that she was basically obsessed about Lauren and I's relationship. "Is that even what you're actually worried about?" Normani quirked an eyebrow. The taller girl stayed quiet, playing with her hair quietly. Ally snorted, also eliciting a laugh from Normani. I looked at Lauren to see if she has an idea about what they're talking about. It looks like she's confused too.

"Oh my gosh," Ally wheezed, wiping away a fake tear, Normani snickered, making Dinah groan in embarrassment. "Stop laughing at me." This only made Ally snort once again before calming herself down, "She's totally lying by the way." The small girl said. "Guys..." Dinah said through the pillow she buried her face in.

"Mhmm, she just doesn't want you guys to leave because she feels like you guys will be too far away." Normani said, softly patting Dinah's mane. We looked at Dinah to see her reaction but she just stayed quiet with her face hidden in the pillow. "Aww, DJ." Lauren awed and plopped herself on top of her, snuggling her face on the taller girl's shoulder. I pouted before also plopping myself on top of Dinah.

She groaned in annoyance and pushed our faces away with both of her hands. Lauren and I gave Dinah's cheeks a big smooch at the same time. "That's so cute," I awed. "Now this makes me feel like we're abandoning a dog on the streets," I said, snuggling closer to Dinah. "Did you just compare me to an abandoned dog-"

"Yeah, it's like her owners abandoned her on the streets." Normani said. "Oh my God," Dinah groaned, giving up.

"I won't forgive you guys if you make our little Dinah Jane feel like this again." Ally wagged her finger indignantly at the both of us. "Take care of our little puppy for us." Lauren said while we still sandwich Dinah between the two of us. "Do you know how many people would kill to be in your position right now, Dinah?" Normani said in a serious tone.

"And I don't care so now get off me! I don't wanna be in a Camren sandwich." She groaned, continuing to push our face away with her hands. "Fine." I mumbled the best I could with her hand covering half of my face. Lauren and I complied, sitting up properly. "You do know the apartment we rented out if basically just a couple of blocks away?" Lauren raised a brow with a mischievous smirk.

Dinah blinked at us blankly as if she finally realized how she overreacted. "Well that was a waste of precious time." She muttered and sat on the headboard as if nothing happened. We exchanged looks before bursting into fits of laughter. Typical Dinah Jane. "What ya'll hoes laughin' about?"

"Well that was short lived." I said, giggling. I turned my head to see Lauren looking at me with a boyish grin. I giggled once again and moved closer to kiss her. It was supposed to be a quick peck but then she put her hands on my back to tug me closer. I sighed and tangled one hand to her hair while the other one gripped the front of her shirt tightly. I bit her lower lip and pulled at it gently with a smirk, making Lauren groan.

"How did it escalate to this?" I heard one of them whisper quietly behind us. "Just roll with it." I heard another whisper but we were too occupied to even care. I continue to kiss my girlfriend deeply. I was about to move my head to the side to deepen the kiss but then I heard another hushed voice, "It's like they don't even care that we are literally right behind them and I can see Lauren's hand about to move down to Chancho's ass. Why aren't we stopping them? Don't tell me you guys are enjoying this-" Then I heard a hard slap and a wince after.