Delivering the News

Keith's POV:

    I joined the crew on the Castle, scanning them as I looked for (Y/N). I was so shocked by the news I had just received from their Mom. Her? Depressed? It couldn't be...

    Instead of warning Lance and the others of (Y/N)'s tendencies, I decided to confront her about it. I had to be missing something, because it wasn't adding up.

    I ran to the room we had cleared up for her stay; an old storage closet that now looked like an amazing bedroom, even better than the rest of ours'. I didn't mind knocking before barging into the room.

    "AHH, Keith! Get out!" she screamed as she covered the top half of her body. I forgot that they would be making her try on armor, but at this point, I couldn't possibly care less. Without a shirt on, this whole endeavor only got easier.

    I could see her trying to cover her arms as well as her bra. 'If only she knew I had seen it before...' Keith, stop thinking like that! You're here for one reason and one reason only, to find those marks!

    I didn't say anything before running up to her and grabbing her arm. "WHERE ARE THEY?" I shouted loudly and angrily, only for her to jump and cower back from me.

    "W-w-where is w-what?!" she asked, her voice stuttering from her nervousness. She had completely forgotten about her indecency and was now worrying about my looming presence over her.

    "THOSE MARKS!" I screamed, unable to contain my anger no matter how frightened she became of me. This was all for her own good, anyways.

    "W-what marks?!" she asked, trying even harder to keep my wandering eyes away from her arm. I got the glimpse of a long, dark red one, supposedly fresh, and lost it all together.

    I dropped her onto her bed before yelling. "WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO STUPID TO YOURSELF?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" But, instead of answering, she only hid under her covers before I could make out the faint hiccups of crying.

    'Oh crap, what have I done? I've only been yelling since I got in here... This is bad, really bad...'

    I sighed before walking over to her. I laid next to her, picking her up and placing her on my lap. She did nothing to protest, completely giving up her self-control and letting herself be pushed around by anything that would spare her a glance.

    "I'm so, so sorry I yelled like that... I don't know what got into me," I whispered softly, rubbing her back in a hope that she would calm down soon. She only sniffled in response, but stayed hidden in whatever safety that blanket provided her.

    ' Safety that I couldn't provide her, that I only chased her in to...'

    I let her lie there for an hour, rubbing her back lightly as I waited for her to calm down. I finally started to feel the hiccups calm down, until she silently lay there. I couldn't tell if she was sleeping or not, that is, until I felt the natural rhythm of breathing take over. She had cried herself to sleep.

    I stayed there another hour before she woke up from her nap. I felt her stir for a while before she finally made an effort to get up. Although, even when I knew she was awake, she still stayed under there. Maybe she was waiting for me to leave.

    "I'll leave if you want..." I said quietly, hating myself for making it so easy for her to dismiss me. I could tell that she probably wanted me to, but the last thing I wanted was to leave her all alone like this. What could happen while I wasn't here?

    I could feel her shake her head and gripped onto me tighter as she nuzzled my stomach. I released a breath that I hadn't known I had been holding as I held onto her just as tightly. I could feel her relax slightly when she knew I wasn't going anywhere.

    We stayed there like that for who knows how long, enjoying the silence of the room. Nobody came to bother us, not even Lance. I knew I would have to explain the situation to everybody else soon, but at this moment, I couldn't even bother myself.

    If this is what she needed from me, then who was I to say no?
_______________________________
YAY! I finally got this story finished! I am so sorry for everyone who had to wait for this next part! With school, it's so hard to find the time and energy to work on everything! If I ever start taking a very long time to update, please feel free to just yell at me until I get to! Your comments asking for more is what provides me with motivation to continue writing!

Special thanks to:

RaphaelTiamat

@Jeanandfennekin8

For all of the inspiration to keep writing! You guys are what keeps me going! I never expected so many people to love my writing, so thank you so much!!!