Chapter 9

Connors POV

This was bullshit what the council was doing, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the girl on stage was actually Melissa. My wolf was pissed at the fact we had indeed caused our mate pain without knowing it, he had shut me out saying it was all my fault. Our mate wanted nothing to do with us, how on earth had it all come to this. Shouldn't have I known that she was our mate, why hadn't there been any signs before she ran away or even before we had abused her.

I was actually mad with myself for not protecting her from the beginning, now karma was hitting me in the face. She was making us all pay for what we had done to her, if her brother was alive now I would of been punched in the face.

Just looking at Melissa I knew she wasn't the same person, she was stronger than before. The power coming from her was not just from the blood line she came from, it was much more than just that. I couldn't finger it out what it was but I knew sooner or later I would finger it out.

The moment she stepped in my office I linked James asking him to leave, I wanted answers for what was happening. What I didn't expect was the response I got from Mel, the words hit me hard but what hurt me more is she had used some sort of power on myself. I felt like I couldn't move and the air around me was little to none, how is that even possible her family was off no background from Powers.

God nothing was adding up from the moment she step foot in the territory, it was like my whole world that I had known was turning upside down. I hated it all, I felt hopeless in what was going on. I wanted to dig deeper into the matter at hand and the only place I could think of was where Melissa had been all these years.

"James my room now" I cut the link while waiting for James, I need answers my head is all over the place right now on not knowing nothing.

"Hey what's up" James says walking to my room and jumping on the sofa.

"We need to find out where Melissa was for the last 3 years and what help she had in going to the council" I say while pacing around.

"Bro I already have her file from the head quarters at the council, she had help from someone who doesn't what to be found, in my opinion it is all one big cover up for something big to come." Could it be true, would Melissa actually be planing something big without anyone knowing her plans.

"Does the file mention anything about where she was for 3 years"

"No all it says she stayed a rogue, lived in the humans city worked two jobs"

"Fuck, i want you to keep a close eye on her. I need to know what she is up to"  James give me a nod as he understood all to well to question me.

"One more thing James don't mess up, this is our pack on the line"  with that James leaves me alone once again.

If Melissa what's to play games then so be it, all this for what just revenge. It can't be in my eyes there is more to this and I will find out.

"Our mate wouldn't do that" Dex says snaring at myself angrily.

"What do you know, your just a wolf in my head"  with that I shut him out.

I look at the file about Melissa that James had just sent me, I couldn't help but notice that there was a year without a trace of her where about. Even if she was in the human world there should of been something, yet there was nothing not even a wage slip from her two jobs. Who would try cover up a year of someone's life but what's more why.

"You won't find nothing" what the fuck who said that no one was in the room with me as I look around for the voice, while i was sat on my bedroom going over things.

"Who said that" I say out loud, I knew it wasn't my wolf as he was sulking and still pissed at me from the feelings I was getting.

"You can't see me but I'm here to tell you don't search for what is not there, you will not find what you shall seek" what the actual fuck is going on around here. First all this with Melissa now I am hearing voices, I must be going mad.

All I want to do is find out what happened to Melissa in the 3 years she has been gone, yet there is nothing sweet fuck all. How am I going to find shit out honestly, what is with this shit.

My title had been taken from me, my pack members are been punished for they sins and what more Melissa is back stronger than any of us. As A alpha I should be able to protect my people, I should know what is happening in my own territory but yet I know nothing sweet fuck all.

My body and mind was filled with nothing but anger, my blood boiling as i feel like I've failed my own pack. I had to think of a plan to make all this go away, I have to get my pack back and I have to find a away out of this mess but how was the only question I could think of.