Chapter 6

Connors POV

I can't get my head around Miss Jones been my mate, how in the world could this be happening. The one who come along with the council, the one who wants me whipped for my actions three year ago. My wolf is going crazy with wanting her by his side, I on the other hand still can't get my head around it all. When I saw her in Melissa room I couldn't help but feel pissed off that she dare go in that room, it could of been anyone's room.

Just been near her I could feel a strong power coming from her, it's the same power as a beta but with something else along with it. God it's driving me crazy not knowing her name or anything about her for that matter. All I do know right now is that she wants nothing to do with myself, I had to find information on her as much as I could find. There is only one person I knew who will be able to get close to her over the next few weeks, that person was my best friends James who is also my second in command, also known as my beta.

"James my office now" was  all I mind link him before closing the link and waiting for him to come. Within minutes James was standing in front of me.

"What's up bro"

"I need a favour from you"

"Anything you ask"

"I need you to find out information on Miss Jones who came with the council, I need to know her name where she is from and how she came to be involved with the case at hand" I knew if anyone could find out it would be James as he is into all this hacking business that goes on, so hacking into the council system was nothing to him.

"Ok give me a few days I will have what you need, also rumours are going round that Melissa is still alive and well is it true" I knew word would get out about why the council was here and that Melissa was alive, I just didn't think it would be so soon.

Sighing to myself I knew what had to be done, I need to call a pack meeting to put a end to the rumours. I knew that the council was going to tell the pack sooner or later, I just had to do it first specially before they make me step down.

"I don't even know what to think anymore James, all this is fucked up. How they knew about what happened to Melissa three year ago is beyond me, she was our betas daughter. God she was my best friends sister, I wish I could of turned back time and stopped it all from happening" the look in James eyes said he understood as his own sister went through the same thing. People had beaten her daily and called her names, so her and James ran away from their old pack to join my own that was two year ago now. His sister is better than ever, she even found her mate here in the pack and loves been here.

"I get it all man I do but this what the council are doing isn't right" James was right they shouldn't be doing this as it happened years ago but I couldn't do anything about it. It was this or going up against the king of all wolfs and losing everything for good.

After my chat with James I couldn't get Miss Jones out my head still, it's driving me crazy. Smelling her sweet scent around the house was making it hard to stay away from her all I wanted to do was find her and have her in my arms. My wolf wanted out to let his anger out and feel free with nature, it was the only to forget about our mate not wanting to be in our arms.

As I shift into my pure black wolf, I let Dex take over and run with the wind. We run through the trees jumping over the fallen logs and chasing birds along the way. We feel the wind in our fur, our paws pounding along the ground as we run as one, letting our anger feeling free. We run and play for hours on end forgetting all our problems.

Shifting back into my human form, I pick up some shorts and head back inside for a quick shower. As I have to call a pack meeting to inform everyone what's going on and what is going to be happening before the council take control.

"Pack meeting in 5 mins" I say through the link after finishing up my shower and making my way to the hall where we hold meetings. Walking in I see all the pack is here apart from the pups of the pack and the nannies who look after them during meetings. Holding my hand up the room goes quiet and waits for me to start my speech, knowing that whatever I was going to say must be important to call a meeting in such short notice.

"Thank you all for coming, now I know a lot of you have heard rumours going around about Melissa Jones been alive and well. Although we are not sure if this is true as of yet, the council have had word of what some of us once did to her. I myself am not proud and for that I am welling too take the punishment set by the council themselves. By doing this it means I will be stepping down as your alpha until proven worthy of the title" I heard the pack start to whisper between themselves at hearing they alpha stepping down, scared that they won't have a leader to lead them.

"Silence please I know it is hard to hear but please the council have someone to fill in for me while I step down. Although it ain't easy for myself just know that I will still be here for you all regardless of not being alpha for a while. We will all come over this hard time and together stand strong, all I ask is please do not cause trouble while I have step down, it will make life a lot easier for you all. Now thank you all for coming you are free to go" I knew my speech wasn't much help but they had to be told by myself, it would kill me if the council was to tell them first. We are a family and we should always stick together and always come out standing stronger than ever. I just hope they know what they doing by having Miss Jones run my pack.