Chapter 7

Melissa POV

Having heard that Connor had told that pack he was standing down due to the situation at hand, I knew that it was only a matter of time now that the council would introduce myself to the pack. It will be at the time I show my true self and who I real am, as for the last few days I have be hiding behind the wig that I wear and my contacts. I also knew that Connor had James trying to find out who I was and how I come to be involved with the case at hand. Although they didn't know I knew what they was up to, I made sure to have my best guy on the job to stop them from finding anything on the case. After over hearing the two talk in his office, I made the call straight away so I could cover all corners and have my back.

Since I have been here I've kept to myself by working out in the gym or staying in my room, I spoke with Mandy last night and told her what was going on, she was the one who mentioned about me showing them who I really was. Although I had planned on keeping myself hiding from them as I took them down one by one, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

As for Connor been my mate, well the mating pull was becoming stronger with each day, I could smell his scent whenever he was around. My wolf wanting her mate by our side, begging for his touch just one time. As for myself as much as I had dreamed about having a mate, I couldn't get my head around the fact that my mate was no other than the guy who made my life hell after losing my family. All that keeps going through my head is why, why would the goddess pairs us together. The one who made my life hell, the one who made all turn against me for something I had no control over.

"Miss Jones it's time" Thomas says walking into the room and interrupting my thoughts. Nodding my head I link my arm in his own and we make our way out towards the hall. The council had all pack members meeting in the ballroom, making sure all who needed to be here was here. As I walk on the stage I could feel all eyes on myself, yet most of all I felt his eyes burning into my head. We haven't spoke since that night and I know what I'm about to do may or may not hurt him. After a few minutes sir Ken Nights head of the council and the kings most top informer starts to speak.

"Thank you all for coming here today, as you all know alpha Connor Knight as agreed to stand down until proven worthy as alpha, what you all didn't know was he is to be punished in front of the pack for his actions 3 years ago. By doing this he is to be whipped a number of times in front of you all" I could hear the in take of breath by wools who was standing near the stage, the shock on their faces at hearing what was to happen to their alpha.

"Please quiet down" Thomas says as he himself stands next to sir Ken Nights. Once the pack becomes silent again Sir Ken start to speak once more before introducing myself to the pack.

"If you would all like to welcome Miss Jones, she is going to be taking over the alphas position until your alpha returns to his duties. Please Miss Jones is you would like to introduce yourself to the pack" standing up I walk to where sir Ken and Thomas are standing. I turn around with my back to the crowd as I take my contacts out and my wig off, then turning to the crowd once more. I saw shock written on many faces but pushed it aside ready to say whatever I had to say.

"Thank you Sir Ken now I would like to introduce myself, some of you may or may not know who I am but for those of you who don't, my real name is Melissa Jones. Yes the one who you all turned against 3 years ago, yes the betas daughter who you all should of helped. Instead you all beat on me daily, you called me the outcast of the pack. Well guess what I am back and this is part of my justice for all the wrong you all caused, as I now stand here as your alpha. Those who did me wrong are all going to get what's coming one way or another" the council stood by and let me say what I had to say as they knew, that no matter what I would get my justice one by one on those who followed Connors in his actions.

As I look over to where Connor was standing, I knew he saw red as the look in his eyes said it all. He was fighting for control of his wolf, making him storm out of the hall. I knew he was pissed after all I am the reason all this is happening, the reason he as had to step down a alpha. I also knew he felt the loss of his title been taking from him, as I am now the alpha of the pack until Connor has proven himself worthy.

Do I feel bad for all that I have planned or what I have just done, hell no I don't feel nothing. They all deserve to feel what I felt, that is what they are going to feel. The council men had the list of those who did me wrong all them years, they knew who to punish within the pack. All that I had asked of them is to let me handle Connor once taking over the title, even with my wolf begging me not to do anything. I just couldn't let this go easily after all, I am the girl of beta blood, I am stronger than most, what more I have a hidden power what no one knows.