Chapter 16: You & Me

Justin's Point Of View

" You're not going." Selena said.

" You can't tell me what to do." I said.

" You are not going out on a date with Emma."

" It's not a date," I said firmly. " We're going out as friends."

" You like her." Selena said blankly.

" I don't," I said, dismissing her remark. " You're just jealous."

" Of what?" She asked, almost offended.

" Of the fact that I like spending time with Emma."

" I am not jealous of that irrelevant little bitch." Selena said.

" Good," I said grabbing my guitar and the keys to the van." Have a nice day."

I kissed her on the cheek and walked out the door, kinda wishing I would've stayed to see her facial expression.

" Ready?" I asked.

Emma smiled and nodded, looking especially cute with her dress and hair . I threw the guitar into the back seat alongside the picnic basket and a checkerboard blanket. I hopped into the driver's seat and Emma climbed into the passenger seat. It was the perfect day for a picnic. The sun was shining brightly, inviting us to come outside and enjoy warm, cloudless summer day. I turned out of the parking lot and drove a little while before turning down a two lane road that eventually led to a dead end. I parked the car and got out, walking over to Emma's side. I opened the door and grabbed Emma's hand, helping her out of the car.

" Thank you."

I smiled and grabbed the stuff out of the car before walking into the field. Emma followed closely behind, making sure not to get lost. I found a shady spot under a tree that was perfect. I spread the blanket out and placed the guitar and the basket on it. I sat down and Emma mimicked my action.

" So what are we having?" Emma asked, looking at the picnic basket.

" We are having peanut butter and jelly," I said, pulling out two nicely wrapped sandwiches from the basket. " And apple juice."

I handed Emma the sandwich and the juice box. She looked our feast skeptically and laughed.

" Juice boxes?"

I nodded and she laughed again.

" How... romantic."

I laughed and shrugged, but that was all I could find in the fridge and I didn't want to go to the store and cause a frenzy. I held up my drink and we toasted to our date. Emma giggled, seeming almost nervous. It was cute. She was cute. We ate our sandwiches, letting the light sifting through the branches hit our skin and letting the warm, summer air engulf us. As I sipped on my beverage, Emma reached over and grabbed the guitar. She placed it in her lap and placed her small fingers on the strings. I didn't know she knew how to play the guitar, but when she began to strum, I knew she didn't. The chords were off key and flat. Seeing a window of opportunity, I got up and sat down behind her, wrapping my arms around her dainty body. I placed her fingers in the correct places and laid my hand on top of hers. I gently began to strum the words to one of my favorite songs ( http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=ac3HkriqdGQ ).

What day is it? And in what month?

This clock never seemed so alive

I can't keep up and I can't back down

I've been losing so much time

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do

Nothing to lose

And it's you and me and all other people

And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

She looked at me and smiled, her smile irresistible. I leaned in and kissed her, smiling while I did. I placed my hand on her cheek as Emma pressed her lips against mine. I pulled away and looked at her, thinking about how I wanted nothing more in the world than her.