Chapter 5: Dirty Little Secret

Emma's Point Of View

I was so confused. I loved Selena. She was my childhood idol. I didn't want to hate her. I really didn't. The only person I hated was the dumb ass who killed my mom in a car accident 15 and half years ago. I honestly didn't know why she was jealous. She was absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't. She drove a car that cost more than my house. I had a car that cost less then her outfit. What did she have to be jealous about? Then it hit me. I had caught Justin's eye and that didn't sit well with her. I had spent the past couple hours pondering that thought but it just clicked in my mind that that was why she didn't like me. As I walked inside, I could here the music to "Love You Like a Love Song" echoing throughout the arena. As I got closer to the stage, it stopped and I could here Lauren and Selena talking.

" So how's the whole Justin thing going?" Lauren asked.

I walked under the stage so they couldn't see me but I could still eavesdrop.

" Good," Selena responded.

I was confused. What was she talking about?

" Everyone still believes you and Justin are dating?" Lauren asked.

Believes? But why....

" Yeah, they still think we're dating." Selena said.

" Does it really help with the publicity?" Lauren asked. "Faking a relationship with one of the hottest male stars in Hollywood?"

" Yeah," Selena said. " People really eat up the whole relationship thing."

" How long are you going to keep it up?" Lauren asked.

" Until our managers tell us we need to 'break up'." Selena said.

I couldn't believe it. They were faking the entire time? And Scooter was behind it? Justin didn't seem like that kind of person. I honestly thought what they had was... real. Well I was wrong.

"When did you guys actually break up?" Lauren asked.

"A couple months ago," She said. Her voice sounded pained." He told me that he didn't want to be with someone who was controlling and protective, so he broke up with me."

" I'm sorry." Lauren said sympathetically.

Selena, protective? I never would've guessed.

" It's okay," She said." I'm working on getting him back."

" And how's that working out for you?" Lauren joked.

" It was actually going somewhere until Emma got here."

Until I got here? I had personally gone out of my way to be as nice and as friendly as possible to everyone, even her. But, I guess you can't please everyone.

" And what has she done to you?" Lauren asked.

" It's the way he looks at her, I know he's interested in her," She said." I mean, you should've heard what he said about her on the phone last night."

I walked out of the arena, making sure Lauren and Selena didn't see me. I guess he was saying good things after all. I really didn't know what was said, but from the way Selena worded it, it was something that wouldn't sit well with an ex girlfriend. As I quickly walked back to the tour bus, I ran into Justin.

" Oh hey Emma." He said.

I didn't know what to say. I had a million questions to ask him like 'Why are you faking a relationship?' or 'How could you lie to everyone?', but I decided that none of those were appropriate considering I wasn't supposed to know his dirty little secret.