Chapter 12: Blurred Lines

Emma's Point Of View

I was woken up by the sound of my phone vibrating on my pillow next to my head. The screen light up with a text from Justin. I rubbed my tired eyes and blinked a couple times to get my eyes to adjust.

" Meet me outside."

I didn't really know why he wanted me to come outside considering at was like 1 am. That and we hadn't talked since the car ride and things between us had been pretty awkward. I sighed and quietly slid out of my bunk, taking note of the fact that I was still in my pajamas ( www.polyvore.com/untitled_114/set... ). I felt the warm summer air wrap around me as I stepped out into the darkness of the night.

" Emma." I heard someone whisper.

I jumped, not being able to find the source of the voice.

" Emma." I heard again.

I looked around and saw Justin walk from around the other side of the bus.

" What do you want?" I asked.

" I just wanna talk." He said a little too innocently.

I just kind of stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. He stepped closer to me; a little to close. All of the sudden he grabbed my face and I felt his soft, plump lips press against mine. A part of me wanted to run, but another part wanted more. He pinned me up against the side of the bus, his lips still glued to mine. I felt Justin's right hand slowly slide up under my shirt while his other hand rested firmly on my hip. His lips stayed locked to mine for a few more seconds before I pulled away and looked at him.

" What are you doing?"

" Kissing you?" He said like it was blatantly obvious.

He leaned in to kiss me but I pushed him away.

" Stop."

" What's wrong Emma?" He asked.

" You can kiss me in private but can't be seen with me in public?"

He looked at me, genuinely confused.

" It's not that I can't be seen with you-"" Is it because I'm not famous? Because I'm a nobody?"

" It's not like that." He said.

" Oh really? Because what you told me earlier makes it seem like that's the problem."

I looked at him, but got no response. I could feel the anger bubbling up inside of me just looking at this kid. I sighed and flung open the door.

" Emma, wait." He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me back outside.

" What?" I said, almost yelling.

" It's complicated."

" Obviously it's not that complicated because I figured it out pretty quick." I said.

" Emma, you don't understand." He said.

" Oh yeah, you're right. I'll never understand what it's like to be adored by millions of people all around the world and making more money in one day than I'll ever make in my lifetime. You're right. I don't get it and I guess I never will." I said.

" Please just let me explain." He begged.

" No." I said, walking back towards the bus.

I opened the door and started to walk inside when Justin blurted out,

" I like you!"

I turned around; shocked, angry, hurt, and upset.

" You know what, figure out what you want and then come find me." I said, walking inside and slamming the door shut behind me, not really knowing how else to respond to the situation.