Chapter 1: The Start Of Something Amazing

Emma's Point Of View

" Emma, come on. We're going to be late!" My dad yelled from the living room.

" Coming!" I yelled back.

I looked at myself in the mirror and made sure my outfit ( weheartit.com/entry/56202065/via/KaylaByDesign ) looked perfect before grabbing my suitcases and rushing out to the car. My dad threw my stuff into the trunk, which I wasn't very happy about, and I hopped into the passenger seat.

" Are you excited?" He asked as we pulled out of the driveway.

" Yeah, I guess." I said.

I mean, yeah I was totally stoked to be meeting Justin Bieber, but not so excited to see Scooter. I hadn't seen him in so long. I knew things were going to be awkward and I was mad at the fact that he hadn't come to see me and now all of a sudden he wanted to spend time with me. But whatever, I guess I had to forgive him, I mean family's family, right?

As we drove off to the arena where Justin was kicking off his summer tour, I stared out the car window, playing out scenarios in my head. Would everything go as planned? Will Justin like me? Will I be able to forgive Scooter for not ever coming to visit? As I worried myself about things I shouldn't have been worrying about at a time like that, we pulled up to the arena. We parked the car in the parking lot and I slowly got out, my nerves starting to kick in. My dad unloaded all my luggage out of the back of the car and I followed him as he led me to the back of the arena. As we walked beside the massive building, I could see a blurred figure in the distance which I quickly identified as Scooter.

" Emma!" He yelled as ran up to me and hugged me. I hugged him back, but it was a half ass hug. He stepped back and looked at me.

" Wow, you've gotten so big!"

" Yeah," I said rudely." That's what happens when you don't see somebody for almost 16 years."

He looked over at my dad, thrown off by my instant hostility.

" Well, do you wanna meet Justin?" Scooter offered.

I wasn't particularly happy to be there, but just the sound of Justin's name could put me in a better mood.

" Sure." I said, a little too over excited.

" Well I think that means it's time for me to go." My dad said.

I hugged him tight, not wanting to let go. I wasn't going to see him for 3 months and it was going to be hard. He was always by my side through everything and now in my scariest adventure, I was alone.

" I'm gonna miss so much." I said as I buried my face into the crook of his neck.

" I'm gonna miss you too, pumpkin," He said, kissing me on the cheek." Call me and Skype me as much as you can."

" I will." I said.

He smiled and hugged me one more time before making his way back to the car. I watched him walk away until I couldn't see his husky figure anymore and swallowed back my tears as he drove away. I looked over at Scooter, who was smiling at me.

" Come on Emma."

I put on a fake smile and followed him into the building. When I got inside, I could hear music blasting through the speakers and as I walked out onto the floor, I saw Justin rehearsing on stage. The moment I saw him, my heart skipped a beat. More like stopped completely.

" Hey Justin!" Scooter called out.

Justin looked over before hopping off the stage and walking over to us.

" Hey man, what's up?"

I froze. There he was. The Justin Bieber. Standing right in front of me. I didn't know how to react. As much as I was freaking out on the inside, I didn't want to act like one of those irritating fan girls, so I decided to just try and act as calm as I could.

" Justin, this is my niece, Emma. You know, the one I was telling you about." Scooter said.

" Oh yeah, I remember." Justin said. " She's even prettier than I thought she would be."

I smiled and he winked at me. I felt my cheeks get hot and I knew they were probably bright red.

" I'm Justin. Nice to meet you."

He reached out his hand and I shook it. I hoped he didn't notice that my hands were sweaty. Honestly, he didn't have to introduce himself to me. I already knew who he was, but he was just being a gentlemen. One of the many great qualities that I loved about him.

" I'm Emma." I said with a perfectly straight face. How? I don't know." Nice to meet you too."

I smiled and he reverberated the gesture. We both stood there staring at each other before Scooter's voice snapped me out of my daze.

" Well Emma, I'll go show you where the tour bus is," Scooter said." Justin, get back to rehearsal."

Justin laughed and jumped back on the stage, my eyes still glued to the spot where he just stood. Scooter ushered for me to follow him and I did so. As we walked backstage towards the buses, I looked back and saw that Justin, was watching me. I bit my lip and looked away, slightly embarrassed. At that moment, I had officially declared my heart dead because I know for a fact that it stopped working.