Chapter 4: That Awkward Moment

Emma's Point Of View

" What a bitch." I thought to myself.

Everyone who had met Selena said she was one of the nicest people ever. It was all an act. I mean, I had idolized her since I was a little kid. I never excepted to A: meet her and B: Her be a total bitch to me. It kind of broke my heart. Why was she telling me to back off her boyfriend? Was she jealous? Jealous of what though? She's Selena Gomez. I should, and I am, be jealous of her, not the other way around.  Thoughts about what just happened clouded my mind as I walked onto the tour bus.

" Hey Emma." Justin said as I walked past him and Selena sitting on a small black couch in the front of the bus. 

I debated whether to stop or keep going, but I didn't want to be rude so I stopped walking and turned around.

" Hey." I said, waving awkwardly.

" Sit down." He said, pointing to a couch directly across from his. I sat down next to Lauren on the couch. Selena gave me a look before kissing Justin, making sure I saw. Was she really trying to make me jealous? I mean, she's Selena Gomez. I am no competition for her. But apparently I am. There has to be a reason for this. Jealousy? Insecure? I didn't know.

" So, guess what." Lauren said.

" What?" Justin asked

" I'm going on tour again!" She squealed.

" That's awesome." Selena said.

" Congrats." I said, trying to make it look like what Selena said didn't faze me. 

" Thanks you guys." Lauren said in her cheery, high pitched voice.

" I'll have to go see you sometime." I said. 

" That would be awesome." Lauren said. " I love people coming to my concert." Yeah, she was the steriotypical pretty girl; stupid and slow.

" Selena, will you be opening for her?" I asked, kind of rudely, but more with actual interest, hoping she would say yes and I wouldn't have to deal with her for a while. Selena looked at me funny, like I had just missed the whole conversation and had just said something totallly irrelevant. 

" Justin, did you tell Emma the good news?" Selena asked.

" Oh no, I forgot." He said.

" What's the good news?" I asked, expecting the worst. 

Maybe Selena was pregnant, or they were getting married, or hopfully she was leaving today, but that would only be good news for me.

" Justin's opening act has to leave the tour and I'm going to be replacing him." Selena said. 

My heart dropped onto the floor. Are you kidding me? Somebody kill me now.

" Oh, cool." I said, putting on a counterfeit smile.

" Yep, you two can be best friends." Justin said, smiling at the two of us. 

I felt Selena's glare hitting me like a dagger. Lauren noticed and looked at her with a 'wtf?' look. Selena saw her and quickly changed her mad expression to happy, just in time for Justin to look at her and plant a huge kiss on her lips. For some reason, seeing them two together made me feel something. Like a small flame in the pit of my stomach was forming. Was I jealous of them? I thought for a second, but then realized it was just the hatred for Selena that had formed inside of me in about 5 minutes. Besides, I couldn't be jealous of them. He was Justin Bieber, I didn't even like him that way, I mean, I just met him. It wasn't possible that I had already developed feelings for him in 2 days. No way. Not at all. No, just no.