Chapter 4 - Stay Alive For Me

Start from the beginning

"John, this is one essay" Hercules muttered, holding a stack of probably around fifty pages. "Apparently they were at first letters addressed to his father"

I snatched the papers off him and shoved them back into Alex's file.

"I think we looked to deep into his history" I mumbled, trying to fit the heavy file back into the slim space it had been previously squeezed into.

Laf and Hercules held the door open for me and we quietly shut it and walked back to our dorms, slightly embarrassed at how nosy we had been. "If it makes you feel better, no signs that he has or ever had a relationship" Lafayette said, flopping back into his bed once we had gotten back to the dorm.

"I gotta go back to my dorm, see you guys at lunch" I walked out the door, rolling my eyes and smiling at the 'OooooOoooOoOoOoOo' sounds the two were making.

Alex's POV

I woke up to see John's bed empty and his sheets messily flipped over. Assuming he'd probably just gone to see Hercules and Lafayette I  pulled on a random jumper and some shoes and walked over to the Schuyler's dorm.

"Alex! Sit down!" Peggy greeted me at  the door, smiling and motioned for me to sit on the huge couch in their extended lounge room.

"Wow, nice dorm" calling it a dorm was an understatement. They could live in this after they graduated if they needed.  I sat down in a chair, opposite from the couch the girls were sitting.

"So, what was your big kinda not big problem?" Eliza asked.

"I have a small-not-so-small-very-big crush on someone" I awkwardly smiled, cracking my knuckles and staring at my shoes.

"Is it John?" Peggy piped up and the other two girls looked like they were almost praying.

"Uh.... yeah" Eliza and Angelica groaned and each slapped a twenty dollar bill in Peggy's hand while she smirked and stuffed the money in her pocket.

"Bisexual? Pansexual? Gay? Queer? No Label?" Peggy looked ecstatic and her sisters stared at her, wondering how she knew about the different sexualities since It was obvious Angelica and Eliza had no clue, "I mean- I don't know like uh, I wouldn't know b-because I'm not.... I wouldn't know because I'm not gay PSHHHH Peggy Schuyler gay a-as if ha ha ha" she awkwardly slumped in her seat and scar arched the back of her head, suddenly regretting what she had said previously.

"I like him, a lot but I've only known him three days so it's not like I can do anything" I'd learnt a lot about John in the past three days but I still barely knew him and if he knew about my past he probably would like me even less if that was possible because he obviously doesn't like me.

"He likes you" Eliza smiled and the other two nodded in agreement. "The way he looks at you and the way he talks about you, he's a hundred percent gay for you"

"Isn't he a hundred percent gay for everybody? Since he's a hundred percent gay? But I wouldn't know because I'm not gay. I'm as straight as a ruler and totally heterosexual t-totally" Peggy blurted quickly and her sisters once again started at her confused but dismissed it seconds later.

"Tell him" Eliza said, completely calm.

"Eliza I can't-"