36) But

(A/N: Vote baby names! Boys or girls!)

Parsley's P.O.V

I get jerked awake as I feel a kick, and I groan, plopping back onto the bed.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Seth says lowly, rubbing my back, and making me sigh. "Mhm." I smile, cuddling into his arms.

With only a not much pregnancy time left, I'm not really sure how everything is going to go... With magik pregnancies, everything starts and finishes sooner. Symptoms start early, baby bumps show within a few days, and, obviously, it only lasts three months. Otherwise known as three trimesters. Mom says it's different on earth, and each trimester is three months.

***

"We need to get ready." I frown, slipping on a loose baby pink sweater, which is starting to get too small. "Ready for what?" he groans and lifts his head from the pillow, rubbing his temples. "For the baby!" I cry, and crawl onto the bed next to him. "It's okay, I've got everything planned out." he smiles, pulling me into his arms. "What...planned out?"

"Look." He smiles and clicks his fingers, and we appear in a room full of baby stuff. I gasp and look around. The walls are baby pink, the carpet is dark pink, and there's a little pink crib in the middle. "Why pink?" I ask, looking up at him. "I'm hoping for a girl." he smiles. "I want a boy." I laugh. "And girls don't only like pink."

"Well, first color that popped to my head. I'll change it if it's a boy." he smiles. There are toys everywhere, and a changing table to the right, drawers to the left, a rocking chair to the right of the crib, and a little foam puzzle-pieces play mat in the far left corner.

"Where are we?" I ask, taking steps around. "In another room of the castle."  he replies simply. "Seth..." I walk up to him and lay a hand on his chest, staring innocently at his stomach, to avoid his eyes. "I... I don't want to live our lives down here..." I say quietly, looking up at him slowly. "I want to go back home."

I see pain in his eyes as I say that, and as much as I hated to, I had to. I need to be with my family. "Seth...I'm sorry."

"Are you saying you want to leave me?" his voice cracks slightly, and his grip tightens on my hand. "N-no, baby, no, I just need to be home..." I say quietly, and I reach up, brushing his hair out of his face. He looks away, rubbing his temples and sighing. "You know if you go home, we can't be together, and you'll marry David..." he growls, and his eyes narrow on the last word.

"W-we can be together!" I whimper, and my lip starts to quiver as I keep my voice from cracking. "No, baby face," he lays a thumb on my bottom lip, and presses his lips to my forehead lightly. "We can't."

"Please, I'm sure there's a way." I whisper, and tears threaten to spill. "You'll be forced back into marriage, you'll be restricted again, by your parents, and who knows what could happen to the baby." He lays a hand on my belly, lightly stroking it with his thumb. "I want to be with you, Seth, please," I beg, burying my face in his chest. "I want to have this baby with you, I don't want to lose it..."

He lays a hand on the back of my neck, and another on my lower back, pulling me closer to him. "It's okay, love. You can go home." he whispers into my hair, leaving a light kiss on the top of my head. "N-no!" I protest, pulling away and looking him in the eyes, with a single tear falling down my cheek. "I'm not going back without you!"

"Honey, everyone wants me dead. There's no way I'm walking into that place, and remaining alive." he states simply, frowning. "I'll send you back on your own if you want to go that badly."

He pulls me to his body, and rests his forehead on mine, sighing. Tears pool in my eyes, and I sniff, my grip tightening on his arm.

"B-but..."