13) Cousins

The boys gasp, and we all stare at each other awkwardly. "Where did you come from?" I ask. "When our mom fell, she left us in the hands of her friend Seth." she says. "Wait, who's your father?" I ask curiously.

"We don't know," she says. "Mom never told us." he finishes. "What are your names?" I ask. "I'm Luci." she holds her hand out, and I shake it. "Ryder." He smiles. We all introduce ourselves, and exchange smiles. "So how did you get out of Limbo?" I ask, and we all sit down on the ground. "Well, we were brought here as kids. We've lived here our whole lives. Over the years, Seth got more and more deranged, after being trapped there for so long, and finally lost his mind. He made the whole place into a booby trap. With a labyrinth, and when I was younger I remember him making traps." she says, and then Ryder takes over. "Luci passed out after a while from exhaustion, and I finally found the way out, carrying her with me." he says.

"We tried to escape, but right before we could, he wiped our memories of the traps, claiming that we wouldn't be able to find our way when we, and I quote, 'come crawling back to him'." Ryder finishes. "Oh..." I say, looking down, all hope of them helping us fading. "What were you doing here anyway?" Luci asks. "Uhh," Elliot runs his fingers through his hair,looking to the ground and sighing. "We were going to go in. Word on the street is, he's after Griffyn, and we want to stop him. Will you come with us?"

They both gasp, looking back and forth between each other. "I am NOT going back to that hellhole, sorry!" Luci says sassily, looking at both of us. "Please, we need to finish him once and for all. People have been living in fear of him for years, it's time we out an end to it. We're not strong enough on our own." Elliot says. "What do you mean?" Ryder asks, cocking his head to the side. "Griff and I are half bloods, and Parsley is part fallen, from her mother." He explains, and they both sigh, "oh".

"Please," Max begs.

We argue on for a while, before they give in. "Fine!" they say simultaneously. "Yay!" I squeal in triumph, high-diving Parsley.

"But we won't like it! And there's a chance you'll all die."

We've only known them half an hour, but I feel like it's been a lifetime.

"We'll show you back to my house." Elliot says, and we all lock hands, as he teleports to his house. "Wow. I haven't been in a house for years..." Ryder says.

We couldn't teleport to the tunnel since we haven't been there before, but we'll be able to get back down quicker next time we go.

***

Max and Parsley went out, and the twins are sword fighting in the backyard, which leaves just me and Elliot inside. "I'm sleepy..." I yawn from the couch, tucking my legs up to my chest and trapping them inside the big baggy t-shirt I'm wearing.

"We'll take a nap then." he picks me up as a ball, and I squeal in surprise, giggling.