26) Camp

Griffyn's P.O.V

The black hole behind me that I came out of disappeared, and now I walk alone down the path, full of fear. "Ellie! Max!" I call out to them, but we must be far away. I start running, and suddenly bump into someone. I stumble backwards and look up at them. It's a beautiful warrior-looking girl.

She has chestnut brown hair and black eyes, and she's in a warrior-looking outfit. "Who are you, and where did you come from?" She speaks with a strong African-esque accent, and she points a spear at me, which I didn't notice before, making me gulp hard. "I-I-I am Griffyn Devil, daughter of one of the three L-Lords!" I shield my head with my arms.

"I am Avariell Chikelu, but you can call me Avi. What are you doing here, Griffyn Devil?" She lowers the spear, and helps me to my feet. "I-I got stuck here. We came to fight Seth." I explain, and she frowns. "We became stuck here as well. Thanks to our boyfriends." she sighs, and leads me down the path. "We?"

I see six other girls emerge from a cave at the end of the maze, and as I try to comprehend what I'm seeing, I notice one of them is Luci. "Luci!" I gasp, and as she comes out from the back, she's in the same outfit as the others. "What happened?" I ask, gaping.

"This is Camp Freedom. We are all friends here. Years ago, we were with abusive boyfriends, who did not treat us right. They got pissed of with us one night, and pushed us into Limbo. Seth chased us for a few years, after just giving up, and we trained to become warriors." Avi says.

"Join us." she reaches a hand out.

"Griff..."

I gasp, turning around, and see all the guys emerge from behind a bush. "Ryder!" Luci's face turns red, and she backs away behind the girls. "There are no men allowed in our home." Avi growls, pointing her spear at them. "Don't hurt them!" I cry, running in front. "That is my twin brother, Avi." Luci rests her spear on the ground, and Avi looks back at her. "You said you came alone." she growls.

"I know, please forgive me. He's my other half, I really can't live without him." she says, and I can see she's holding back tears. "Why is it such a big deal? Can't they see each other anyway?" I ask cluelessly, looking back and forth. "No," Luci sighs. "No Freedom Camper can have relations with any male, relative or not." she looks down at me, and her eyes say "help".

"Don't you think that's a bit harsh?" I frown, putting a hand on my hip. "Men are monsters, what is wrong with you?" Avi asks. "They are not." I gasp. "Some are, but there are genuinely nice guys out there." I go stand in between Max and Elliot, and Elliot holds my hand where she can't see. "You just had the wrong experience, with the wrong people. That's all." I tell her.

"That is not true." she frowns, turning back to her camp. "Luci, please come back to me, this is not you!" Ryder argues, looking at her with pain in his eyes. She stays silent for a while, before saying... "I'm sorry."

she turns away and walks back into the cave, glancing over her shoulder sadly one last time. "LUCI!" he cries.

"What happened with you two?" I ask quietly. "We were fighting a lot after you guys left, but she finally had it, or something, and she went with them." He turns away sadly, and he has tears in his eyes. He walks off, leaving us four alone, eventually joined by the other campers, excluding Luci.

"Join us, Griffyn." Avi says, holding a hand out. "W-won't that mean I'll have to give them up?" I look around at Max and Elliot, and they look sad. "Yes." Avi frowns, putting a hand on her hip.

"Well...no thank you." I turn and walk away, and the boys follow. "Please, we need people as strong as you." she says, and reaches a hand out for me. "No, sorry, but I can't let them go." I sigh, and keep going. "Are they your brothers, or something?" she asks. "Yeah...sure...'brothers'..." I giggle quietly, and the boys smile. "Come on, join your friend." she says.

"For the last time, no! You're all insane, and I'm not giving them up!" I growl, losing my temper.

Her eyes flash black, and everything gets darker. Her voice comes out distorted, and robotic, and she towers above us.

"THEN FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!"