Chapter 5: Natalie and the Magic House Club

A girl came in. She wore a yellow cabbie hat with a big blue flower in the center. Then she had a shirt with a print like this: “I’ M A BALLERINA.” She also wore tattered-style jeans. I like her fashion. (But trust me! Her face was full of freckles, eek!)

“Good Morning everyone!!!” the girl said.

But she quickly turned and noticed me. She hurriedly came in front of me and studied me with annoyance.

“Who is this Carl?”

“This is Natalie, Natalie Everile.” Felicia replied instead of Carl.

“Is your house became an orphanage? Just joking!” She said giggling.

She stretched her arm. And well, I have also to extend mine to reach her hands. (Well, it’s rude if I didn’t)

“I’m Justine, Justine Laurel, nice to meet you Natalie!” She greeted me with a big smile.

I thought to myself that she isn’t bad as I earlier. Sometimes, I’m the person who judges people quickly. Justine reminds me of Cassandra very much. (I miss Cassandra so much). Cassandra also has a freckled face and she’s also sometimes a joker. The only difference is that Cassandra’s hair is very long and pulled back in a ponytail. Justine had her hair very short which trend with her cabbie hat. (But Cassandra has a surname, Poquelia and not Laurel, Ok?)

Let’s go back to the story.

“It’s nice of you Justine!” I answered and flashed back at her a big smile.

“Carl, are you not coming to the clubhouse?” She said turning her back at me and started to open a conversation with Carl.

“Yeah! I’m coming!” Carl replied, “I’m ready to go!”

Carl was now dressed up in blue shirt with a vest and mixed it up with some checkered shorts. Again, I felt the love. The feeling covered up my anger with Justine, sort of.

“I think Tristan  is waiting for us there.”

Carl nodded. Then he turned to me and said, “Do you want to come Natalie?”

All I can say is yes. Sometimes you also need to explore the unfamiliar world, ya’ know. I remember what Cassandra said.

One time, Cassandra, Estella and I went in the Fields of Wendrelle to have a picnic. The Fields of Wendrelle was known all over Thessalica for its dancing flowers and floating rivers. Here, everything is very lively, that’s why they also call it as Dancing Wendrelle. Everything that grows in that field dances. Cassandra likes this place very much because this is where she practices Magic most of the time. Plant Magician can’t manipulate their powers without being jolly. That’s the reason why Cassandra is always been a joker.

“Natalie, I have something to tell you.” Cassandra said to me while we were looking at the dancing Poquis. (Poquis= plants that is known for its big flowers and sharp moves when it comes to dancing)

“What is it Cassie?” I asked.

“When the Tree of Opening was destroyed, all Plant Magician felt sad deep in our very hearts.” She said. I felt sadness within her.

“Why?”

“That tree was created by Vinea, the Breeder of Plants.” She told me.

Yes, I remembered Vinea from the ancient stories of Thessalica. Vinea is one of the Six Mages of Thessalica together with Adunissi, the Wild Magician. She lived in the place called Tropika, it was located farther from the east of the Fields of Wendrelle. Vinea created that tree so that the Thessalicans can trade goods with neighboring worlds. She took a pile of Wonlala, a rare plant that is heard to be extinct nowadays, and used a divine Plant spell to form the Tree of Opening. But Vinea died upon creating the Tree.