~ Scene 9~

"mom please stop crying" manik urged his mother, holding her in his arms "itna rona..sehat k liye theek ni hai mom, please"

"mujhe toh av bhi asa feel hota hai ki jaise kal ki hi baat hai jab maine mukti ko pehli baar apne god mein liya tha...aur aaj uski shaadi ho gyi?? Itna time kse nikal gya? Meri beti itni bari kab ho gyi??" she spoke among her tearful sobs crying into her son's chest.

"i know mom...mujhe bhi asa hi lag raha h...but aap ye bhi toh sochiye ki ab mukti ka apna ghar hoga, apni family hogi, wo ab aur bhi responsible banegi. Yahi toh life hai na , mom??" he tried to soothe his mother who was constantly crying after mukti's bidaai, an hour ago.

"main mukti ko bahut miss karungi, beta" she said still sobbing.

"i will also miss her mom...but aap ye socho ki aap aur main toh yaha hain ek dusre k liye but dad...wo kabse apne study room mein locked hain...you should talk to him mom. He needs you now, as do you" as manik said that neyonika got alarmed and got up in haste. She knocked on study room's door "maan....maan!" she called.

"i am busy neyonika" came his rumbled disconcerted voice and she sighed in relief as atleast he is talking. Manik stood a little distance away watching their love.

"i know you are not busy. Please door kholiye maan" neyonika urged softly. After a beat, the door opened revealing a soggy eyed maan. He was not looking in her eyes clearly uncomfortable showing his emotions being the man of the house. Neyonika just hugged him and started sobbing again. He held her in his embrace and a tear escaped his eyes.

Manik turned and walked away with moisture in his eyes, and a smile on his lips.

He lay flat on his back, on the bed and stared at the ceiling, memories from mukti's marriage started flooding his mind. How he had promised nandini that they would make love on the first night at Udaipur, but he couldn't keep the promise because of their friends , who had suddenly planned a on-the-terrace-night owing to the fact that from the next day mukti would be too busy and this was probably the last night with her. He was stuck!! The brother in him didn't allow to make excuses. He had hoped that nandini wouldn't mind. But whom was he kidding! Nandini being high on pregnancy hormones had to throw tantrums at me. she didn't participate in the gala citing the reason that she needs rest. No one doubted her but manik knew better. She was ready for the action tonight, but now she needs rest!! he had gone after her to talk but he saw her mother, i mean amma, talking to her and he didn't want to interrupt their mother-daughter time, so he came back on the terrace and had a fab5 style party. they sang, they danced, even got drunk and dozed off on the terrace itself.
.......
Next morning, the glare of the rising sun, woke them up. his head ached, result of all the ruthless drinking.

"mukti!! Ye kya tarika h!" came the high pitched shout of neyonika and all of them had to cover their ears. "teri shadi hai aur tu abhi tak so rahi hai!!"

Seeing their eyes and faces, neyonika was in doubt, she looked around and found liquor bottles. Now her anger had no limits.

"oh god! Mukti!!!!!!!!! Tumne drink kiya??? How can you?? Are these the values that i have given you? For god's sake tumhre sasural wale hain yaha...koi dekhega toh kya bolega!!"

"mom aap mukti ko kyu dant rahe ho...drink toh hum sabne kiya h...don't worry..kisi ne ni dekha...mukti shower le legi then she will be back to normal...aliya, mukti, go and get ready quickly" manik defended mukti. Neyonika glared at manik.

"tum toh manik apna muh band hi rakho...you have disappointed me so much"

Manik looked towards the heaven. Why are all the women in his life so pissed at him! Talking of life...how is my wife??

Manan FF- Arranged marriage (✔)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें