Chapter 18

Haldi ceremony

Nandini was made to sit on a podium, while all the ladies sat down around her singing traditional songs. All the married people one by one came and did the haldi charhao rasam, some of them indulged in haldi holi, putting haldi on each other playfully. All in all the entire mood was set for fun and mischief.

On the other side manik was also made to sit in the same way and the same rituals were performed

On the other side manik was also made to sit in the same way and the same rituals were performed. The ladies kept teasing manik saying "haldi lagaoge beta toh chamak jaoge, fir tumhri dulhan tumse najare ni hata payegi" manik being a little shy did not know what to say or do, so he just blushed and smiled, while the women continued on their teasing game. Punjabi blood being high on fun quotient, indulged in mischievous haldi holi. Men running after their sister-in-laws or wife to smudge them in yellow. Everyone was laughing and having great fun.

After all marriages are the time when whole family gets together to have a family time', coming out of their sedentary lifestyles.

After the haldi charhao rasm was over, all the men of murthy side were shut out as haldi was now massaged all over nandini's body. Whereas on the other side manik was sent to take shower.

It's been almost 4 hours since manik has seen nandini and he felt restless. Fab 5 were sitting on the terrace, enjoying the cool breeze and sunset. Fab 4 had requested the malhotra side and the discarded' murthy men to come and sit on the terrace as the view was mesmerizing.

Cabir: the bachelor party is all set; I just received the message from the organiser.

Alya: what are you guys going to do in the party?

Dhruv opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by cabir.

Cabir: arey nothing major Alya, just some belly dancers have been called , loud music and a little drink, 4 baje tak jage rehne ke liye itna toh hona hi chahye..

He gave a mischievous smile to Dhruv as Alya turned towards Dhruv. Mukti smiled as she caught cabir doing that but decided to keep mum.

Alya: Dhruv ...? (She glared)