Chapter 48

#Happy200K

Plane took off as soon as manik and nandini boarded.

Manik was arranging things while nandini sat comfortably on one of the seats beside the window , watching the clouds floating by. Manik opened his shoes and sat down beside her keeping his arms round her shoulders. Nandini was startled for a moment as she had been in her own thoughts. Manik noticed her expression and asked, kya hua? Main bahut der se dekh raha hoon...you seem to be lost...what is the matter?"

She hugged him instantly keeping her cheeks on his heart. He hugged her back, tightly, pulling her more into himself.

"i am feeling sleepy" she replied and manik let go of the interrogation for the moment.

After a while , getting no response, manik whispered , "jaan??"

Nandini just hummed as she was drowsy now. Her arms slackened and manik stretched his neck sideways to see that she was slipping into a peaceful slumber. He smiled realising that she had not got proper rest the whole day. He waited in the same position till she fell into deep sleep, then picked her up and moved to the bed chamber in the plane and carefully placed her on the bed. Then tucked her under the sheets and dimmed the lights.

After that he came out and called the attendant to bring his office bag. He took out files from the bag and began reading and signing them.
...

4 hours later

Manik looked at the watch and realised that nandini hasn't had her dinner, so after informing the attendents to get the dinner ready, manik moved towards the chamber. But he was not let in as nandini peeped from behind the door, "manik please get my bag na..!" she said a little distressed.

"yeah i will get that ...but at least let me in na...what's the problem??" he asked but she just stood there behind the partially opened door, blocking his way.

"no first get my bag...please!"

"ok" manik replied a little perplexed. Soon the bag was there and as manik passed it to her, she shut the door completely.

Manik kept wondering what was the matter standing on the other side of the door. But then having no option he settled down on one of the seats and waited for her.

After good 30 minutes, finally the door opened and nandini stepped out . she had changed into another outfit, washed her face, combed her hair, overall she looked fresh. She smiled and straight walked to his stretched arms.

"r u fine?" he asked watching her face.

"i am awesome" she chirped.

"so ?? time for dinner?" he asked smiling

"yess! I am super hungry"
...

"manik, what is it? Day or night??" nandini asked.

"baby, according to india it should be day but in Fiji its evening" he replied and continued watching the video on i-pad.

"when will we reach??" nandini asked plopping on the bed lying flat on her back. He noticed the boredom in her voice, and kept his i-pad aside and propped himself on his elbows , his face above hers but his body in opposite direction to hers.

He traced her cheeks with his fingers and replied, " we will be there in just 2 more hours, a little more of patience...bas!"

She smiled in assurance.
...

Their plane landed and finally nandini sighed. As they came out of the flight, they were greeted by a delegation of people.

"hello, mr. Malhotra, i am glad that you could squeeze out some time from your busy schedule to grace our event" the man said shaking hands with manik. While manik smiled in acknowledgement, nandini was a little confused. Which event is he referring to? She thought. She decided to behave properly right now and enquire about it with manik later.