Chapter 19

The rumor mill was working quickly on Monday morning, even more so then last Monday. But this time I had no idea what it was about. I heard glimpses here and there, hearing both Holly and Joshes names, which made me intensely curious. What was it about?

        "Oh my gosh, did you hear?" Selena ran up to me.

        "No, what is it? I know it has something to do with Josh and Selena."

       "They broke up! Holly and Josh broke up!"

       "You are freaking kidding me! Oh my gosh! Do you know the reason?" My heart is soaring. They broke up, now he's free! Josh Williams is free! And that means he can date me! (Yeah, it rhymes, which just shows how perfect it is). So maybe I'm freaking out, but who cares? Josh is free!

       "No, I don't. But you know what I also heard? That they kissed. Do you think that's true?"

       "Oh, unfortunately I know it's true. I witnessed it."

       Selena's perfect eyebrows shoot up. "Oh, poor you! Where? How?"

       "At the mall with Lisa. They were kissing at the mall, can you believe it? I mean, ew!"

       "Yeah, I know right? Well I got to go, see ya in homeroom,"

       "Yep, see you soon," I answer, heading to my own locker.

       On the way there I look in the reflection of a window from the media center, and I stoop quickly to examine how I look. I must look like a freak, acting like the window was a mirror, but who cares. I want to look good if I see Josh. After all, he's free!

       I'm wearing a pink and black babydoll shirt, with flared jeans. My make-up gives me a natural look, since I barely used any. Only chapstick(Which I don't count as make-up) and a tiny amount of blush. I continue on to my locker after a moment, smoothing down my hair on the way.

       I reach my locker just as Josh does. He bites his lips. "Did you hear?"

       "Duh, the whole school probably knows by now. I'm sorry." Not, I think, but of course I don't say that. Thinking it will have to suffice.

       "Yeah, it's amazing how fast rumors spread. But don't be sorry, I'm the one who broke it yesterday."

       "Oh, why?"

       "She was mean. And yeah, go ahead, say I told you so. You were right all along. She's a brat," he explains bitterly.

       "Told you so," I say, teasing him.

       He sticks his tongue out at me, and grins. "You weren't actually supposed to say it!"

       "Well, how was I supposed to know that? Gosh, Josh. Hey, that rhymes."

       He laughs. "You never fail to amuse me sometimes."

       "That's a oxymoron."

       "Yeah, I guess. But it's true."

       "Mm-hmm."

       "Ok, I'm ready to go to homeroom. Are you?"

        "Yeah," I say as we start walking. "So uh..."

       "So uh what?"

       "Nevermind," I quickly say, not wanting to mention his kissing.

       "No, really. Tell me."

       "About, um seeing you at the mall."

        "Darn, I was hoping you wouldn't mention that," He jokes. "Let us just say that I was under her spell, ok?"