Chapter 13

I hate having science 2nd hour. Who wants to go do science experiments at 8:15 AM? I sure don't!

       And what are we doing today? Dissecting frogs! This is life science, not death science. Although I do suppose to learn about frogs and such, you do have to look at what's going on inside of them. And you can't very well do that well the poor things are alive

       But it's still disgusting.

       Usually in science we either do pointless experiments that teach us nothing, or fill out answers in the workbooks we got on the 2nd day of school. I've already gathered this much about our so called science class in the first week, and Kelly's brother had confirmed it when Kelly and I were still friends. We don't actually learn anything in science class-in-quotation-marks, as I like to call it.

        When we do answer questions in our work books, it's basically copying the answers from the science textbook at every table.

       Anyways, back to our useless dissection that will probably teach us nothing.

      Mr. Finch is at the head of the class speaking to us about the importance of being careful with the scalpels. Lot of good that will do, judging from the excited whispers of the boys, exulted to be looking at dead frog parts.

       Boys can be so immature.

       Mr. Finch finishes his precautions about scalpels, and actually pass out the supposedly dangerous things. And what is the first thing that happens?

       Yeah that's right! Some boy picks it up and somehow slices his finger a little bit, causing a thin line of blood to appear. From the way he's acting, you'd think he cut his finger off. He's clutching the injured finger, yelling to Mr. Finch who is right beside him about how much it hurts, and Mr. Finch is buying it all.

       The boy leaves to go to the nurse, still holding his index finger.

       As I said, boys can be so immature. Yet they always think they're the brave ones, and the girls are the crybaby's, not able to take anything.

       Yeah, right, this is definitely what the boy just showed, yelling his head off by the sliver of a cut.

       But, hey, I'm not complaining. He just delayed our dissection by two minutes!

       But, unfortunately, the frog carcasses are still waiting to be examined out of their life. Well, if they still had a life. They're dead as a doornail.

       The frogs are layed out before us, one per a table due to the school trying to cut our budget for a new teachers lounge.

       And by the way, teachers lounges are not mysterious rooms where the teachers take naps and gossip about their terrible students. Instead, it's the place where they go to collect mail, print things off, and some other boring duties.

       Goodness, I'm distracting myself by everything possible from the specimen at my table. My table partner, Aidan is also staring at the thing, not so exulted anymore. He's white as a sheet, and his hands look all clammy.

       In some ways, I feel bad for Selena falling for this nervous guy next to me, but in others she is so much luckier then I am.

       "Are you ok, Aidan? You seem a little... pale." Which is the understatement of the year. He's not a little pale, he's the color you usually see only in those teeth commercials. You know, the ones that show people with insanely pearly white teeth, that are probably edited a lot by the commercial producers.