Chapter 9

But its not me shes after this time.

      "You! You stole my rightful place!" Holly spat at Selena.

       Selena stares at her blankly. "Um, what are you talking about?" She asks, clueless.

       "Selena Vandor, you know exactly what I am talking about! You somehow made Ms. Scarlett choose you, but don't think I'm not gonna fix this! You will not get away with this!" Holly practically shrieked, right in Selena's face.

       And Selena still looks baffled. "Holly? I honestly have no idea what your talking about,"

       "Selena, you know as well as I do that you purposely made Ms. Scarlett choose you for head cheerleader! And if you don't do anything about this, I'll make your life miserable!" Holly threatened.

       I decide to join this obscene convo. "Holly, maybe the reason she was chosen instead of you is because shes better at cheer-leading. So go in a hole and smear your mascara from crying,but don't you dare threaten my best friend like that!"

       Holly sends me a withering glance, and turns back to her main target. "Don't listen to that loser. I'm the one who can do the damage, and I'm perfectly willing. So what will it be?"

       "Isn't that obvious Holly?" Selena asked. "I'm not one of your obedient servants, although they're much better then you are. I make my own rules. So back off, because I'm not going to do anything for you."

       Holly's mouth forms into a small little o, surprised by this. Too used to everybody carrying out her every order, I guess. I'd almost feel bad for her if she wasn't such a brat.

       "You will regret this! Either way, I'm gonna be head cheerleader. My parents will see to that, they're important donors of this school, and this school desperately needs their support." She smirks, and I resist the urge to slap her cheek that is burning with anger. "Oh, and your loser of a friend will pay too."

        Holly stalks away, and we watch her swaying hips while she crosses to her waiting 'friends'. "Well, that was interesting," I finally remark.

       "Uh huh. I'm sorry to bring you into this," she dolefully says.

       I wave her misgivings away. "She had it out for me anyways. This will just add to her list of things she hates about me. And it'll give her another excuse to be her evil self to me."

       "Um, I'm sorry to interrupt this little conversation, but could we look at the list already?" Kelly, whom I forgot was with us, speaks up now, motioning towards the disappearing crowd. "I guess we already know that Selena made it, but what about me? Oh, and Christy of course," she adds as an after thought.

        "Right, okay, lets go see." We make our way to the list easily now, and are soon directly in front of it. I scan the list starting at the top. After Selena's name, its all in alphabetical order. Please make it, please, please make it!

        My eyes finally rest on my name, and I clap my hands like a little girl given a new dollie. Yay, I made it! My face breaks out in a grin, and I turn towards Kelly to celebrate.

       But Kelly is still making her way through the names, so I look back on the list. No where. I scan it again, just in case I missed it, but it still doesn't appear. Uh oh, Kelly's not gonna be too happy about us making it and her not, especially after Selena got to be head cheerleader.

       Kelly lets loose a little sound of disappointment after having read over the list printed in red multiple times. "No, I didn't make it, yet you guys did? I mean, no offense, but I was at least as good as Christy!"