9-2

"Uh, yeah," he answered. You smiled at him big. It took him a while to know where you were going with the whole idea, and then he gasped and smiled back. You giggled to yourself.

When you got off, you took a taxi to the center to get there faster. You were so excited!!

"We're gonna become parents!" You whispered squeezing Jack's hand. Jack squeezed your hand back and turned your hand around to admire your engagement ring. You smiled and blinked back your tears.

You were there relatively fast so Jack tipped the driver. You walked over to the entrance and noticed you were speed walking when you heard Jack running to catch up with you.

*Disclaimer: I've never been to an adoption center before so I'm sorry if some parts sound like they're in a dog pound or something. I based it off of the movies I've seen (mostly Annie) so don't hate me plz :(

"Hi, how are you two doing today?" The lady at the counter asked. She had red frizzy hair and looked like a cross between Ms. Frizzle and Effie Trinket.

"We're great!" you said trying to catch your breath. Jack started to cough. The lady motioned to a water fountain for Jack to get a drink. She pulled out a huge folder.

"Great!! So let's just look through the list and see if we have any boys here that would tickle your fancy!" she giggled in a high pitched tone and turned to the first page. Boys? Huh, I guess this was a boy's adoption center, you thought. You waited for Jack to show up and sat on his lap as you looked through the selections.

"This first one is eight years old," you started to read. His name is Lonnie; he's African-American; 5',1...his parents died in a fire..." you mumble sadly. "He's been to multiple foster homes and adoptions centers but hasn't found a stable home yet," you read the bottom. You hear Jack sniff as he wipes his eyes.

"Maybe we should look for someone a bit younger?" you ask flipping to the next profile. Jack didn't say anything so you took that as an okay.

"Here's the next one. His name is Tommy and he's five years old. He's very smart for his age and can already read. Maybe with the right studies we could tutor him to become exceptional if we adopt him!!" you smile.

"I don't know...I'm not the smartest person in the world..." Jack replies. You roll your eyes.

"Um, okay. Maybe we can look at a few more?"

"Okay, sure. This guy is quiet. He doesn't have a name since he was dropped off here one day by the doorstep. According to the letter sent with him his parents were only teens and couldn't give him proper care. It says he's very optimistic, though, and he loves to sing and always cheers the others up all the time."

"Oh you'll love him. All he's ever talked about was the video game sections of the newspapers that came in. He always cut them out and kept them before they were thrown away." The lady informs you two.

"We'll take him!" Jack said.

"We will?" you ask.

"You had me at video games."