Love Again (Tyrion Lannister x reader)

Tyrion sighed heavily as he took a sip of wine. He was standing alone on his balcony and his mind kept wandering back to Shae. To what she had done to him and to what he had done to her. When he was surrounded by Varys, Missandei and Grey Worm, Tyrion didn't have the time to think on it. But when he was alone at night, Tyrion's thoughts went haywire. He felt a bit of guilt for what he'd done, but mostly, his heart was broken.

He'd loved Shae, truly. And after what happened, Tyrion doubted he'd ever find love again. Who could possibly love him knowing that, not only was he a dwarf, but a dwarf who killed his former lover? Despite his best efforts, Tyrion couldn't push the need to be loved away. He knew there would always be a part of him that desired love. A real love. But he also knew it wasn't likely to happen. Then he met you.

Tyrion left the Small Council chamber and headed toward his own rooms. Since his return to the Red Keep, Tyrion had kept himself as busy as possible. If he wasn't sleeping or working, Tyrion was in the library or drinking himself into a stupor. It was all he could do, but he didn't know that his life was going to change.

"Excuse me, my lord?" you asked him as he approached the place where you were standing. He glanced up to find you smiling at him. "Who are you?" You chuckled and replied, "Y/N of House Y/L/N. I was summoned here by Lord Varys, but I fear I've lost my way." Tyrion sighed. "I believe Lord Varys is in the library. Shall I show you?" You nodded. "Please." Tyrion turned on his heel to lead the way to the library. "So what brings you to our fair city?"

*short time skip(sorry I've been doing these a lot in my fics lately)

"I am not certain that's a good idea, your Grace," you were saying, but Tyrion wasn't really paying attention to your voice. He was too busy watching your lips move. In the short time you'd been at the Keep, Tyrion had come to enjoy your company. It turned out Daenerys had asked Varys to find another member for her council. Someone who could easily talk to the people of the realm and relay their concerns to the queen. You spent the majority of your time traveling or writing correspondence to the lords and ladies of the realm.

"I shall consider all your suggestions. I think we're done for now. Good day." Tyrion couldn't get out of the fast enough. After every Small Council meeting, the two of you had made sure to enjoy a horn of wine or two together and Tyrion couldn't wait. At first, the Lannister had been wary about growing close to you. What if you betrayed him? What if he fell in love with you? But over time, he couldn't help it.

Shaking his head of those intruding thoughts, Tyrion entered the library where you always met. You were already there and, when you turned to him with a bright smile, Tyrion knew he was done for. He'd fallen and fallen hard. "Tyrion, right on time, as usual." You handed him his wine before unceremoniously plopping down on a chair. Tyrion chuckled as he sat across from you.

When the two of you were alone, usual social rules didn't apply. You could be yourselves and neither one of you judged the other. "I noticed you weren't exactly listening during the Small Council meeting." Tyrion shrugged. "I wasn't." You laughed and took a sip of wine. Tyrion watched your face as you laughed. Yep, he was definitely smitten. There was only one question now. Should he tell you? Would you feel the same? You glanced at him, still chuckling softly. You seemed so carefree in that moment, that Tyrion decided against saying anything. For now, he was content to be in your company and to know that he loved again.

ragm6�TAů�