Permission (Samwell Tarly x fem!Stark reader)

Samwell Tarly couldn't speak. His friend, Jon Snow, had just introduced him to you. Y/N Stark, Jon's half-sister. For a moment, Sam just stared at you. You had the auburn hair of a Tully, but the grey eyes of a Stark that were alert and kind. Sam felt a nudge to his ribs. "Sam?" Jon whispered and you giggled, bringing Sam's attention back to you. "Samwell Tarly, my lady," he finally managed to say, relieved that it didn't come out as a squeak. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Samwell," you greeted with a smile.

"Please, my lady, call me Sam. Everyone does," Sam was extremely surprised that he wasn't a stuttering mess. "Very well, Sam. I must leave, but I look forward to seeing you again." You gave Jon a quick peck on the cheek and left the two of them. Jon gave his friend another nudge and a cheeky smile. Sam looked at Jon. "What?" Jon simply chuckled and shook his head fondly. He wasn't surprised that Sam was fascinated by you. A lot of men were.

*time skip*

Sam had been at Winterfell for several weeks and found himself smitten with you. There were days that he couldn't help following you around like a lost puppy. One morning, Jon called Sam down to the training yard. As the two friends were training, Jon asked, "You have feelings my sister." It wasn't a question. Sam gulped and licked his chapped lips before nodding his head. He knew just protective Jon was of his family and especially his three sisters.

The smile fell from Jon's face and he stood up straight. "I'm sorry, Jon! I-I didn't know s-she was so b-beautiful and kind! I r-really didn't mean t-to!" Sam instantly apologized. Jon let him stutter for a moment before he began laughing heartily. Sam stared, open-mouthed, at his chuckling friend. Jon was laughing so hard, it brought tears to his eyes. Sam put his practice blade down and crossed his arms. "It isn't that funny, Jon. Honestly."

Jon stopped laughing and looked at Sam as he tried to catch his breath. "Sam, I do not mind. Y/N is a wonderful young woman, and I would rather you court her than anyone else." Sam could feel himself blush. "Are you certain? You would let me pursue her?" Jon gave a small nod. "Of course. Besides, Y/N can take care of herself." Jon smiled at his friend who was beaming. "Thank you, Jon." Jon shook his head again, chuckling quietly. "She should be at the stables this time of day if you want to catch her before her daily ride."

Sam left Jon in the practice yard and went in search of the stables. "Oh, hello Sam," you greeted upon seeing him. "Have you come to ride with me?" Sam found that he had once again lost his voice so he nodded. "Wonderful! I shall wait for you then." Soon, the two of you were riding through the forest, talking and laughing. "You have feelings for me, don't you Sam?" you asked suddenly. You were as observant your brother, but usually quieter about it and you had noticed Sam's behavior toward you was different.

Sam bowed his head sheepishly. He hadn't realized that he's been so transparent with his feelings. You laughed a little before stopping the horses. You leaned over and placed a soft kiss to his bearded cheek. "You are adorable when you blush, Sam. Has anyone ever told you that?" you asked with another light giggle as his face turned an even deeper shade of red.

nativp��P�(G