Poetry (Tyrion Lannister x fem!reader)

Anyone who knew Tyrion Lannister, hells anyone who knew of him, knew that he read anything he could get his hands on. What they might not have known was that what Tyrion loved reading the most was poetry. More specifically, the poetry of Y/N. You. You made music when you put pen to paper. You could make the readers see everything you could see, make them feel what you felt and take them to distant lands, even the land of dreams. Tyrion loved it. It was an escape for him and he knew that, somehow, he would have to meet you.

Using every resource at his expense, Tyrion searched for you. It took him years, but finally, he found you and he was distressed by what he learned. Even though your work was famous and well loved, you were not. You were an outcast in your own homeland. They treated you abominably. So much so, they decided to sell you. You were a slave. Tyrion felt his blood boil when he learned of your fate and he vowed to do something about it.

After much research, Tyrion found where the slavers were keeping you. He had two ways to go about this, one much more violent than the other. After convincing Bronn to accompany him, Tyrion set out to where you were to be sold. The good thing about Bronn was that he didn't ask questions, at least for the right price. Tyrion scanned the sea of faces of the slaves. There was only one that could be you. The only female in the group.

Your (h/c) hair was matted, clumps of dirt stuck to it and your (e/c) eyes were wide with fright. To Tyrion though, there was still an elegance and beauty in you. Bronn glanced down at Tyrion and shook his head. Tyrion's eyes were riveted on you. "You know the plan?" Tyrion whispered, not even bothering to shift his gaze back up to Bronn. Bronn answered in the affirmative and slowly moved his hand to the hilt of his sword, just in case. If Tyrion couldn't buy your freedom, Bronn was going to take it.

Luckily for him, the only other person who seemed interested in you could not compete with the Lannister. He had more gold that anyone there, but he hated that he had to purchase you. You were a human being for goodness sake! You didn't deserve such treatment. No one did. The slaver lead you over to Tyrion and shoved you toward him. "Are you alright, my lady?" Tyrion asked you and your eyes widened again. Slowly, you nodded, not trusting your voice.

"Good. Unchain her," Tyrion ordered the slaver, who glared but did as he was told. "Come along," he said to you, his tone much more gentle. Tyrion lead you away, Bronn bringing up the rear so he could protect you both if necessary. He could see your shaking form as you followed behind Tyrion and he wondered just what his friend was thinking.

The three of you traveled for several days without you saying a word. Tyrion and Bronn conversed and occasionally tried to get you to join, but you remained silent until one night. You set up camp and as you sat around the fire after a bath in the river, you uttered your first word to the two men. "Why?" you asked, your voice barely above a whisper but they heard you anyway. "Why what, my lady?" Your eyes flicked over to him. "Why did you buy me? I am of no use to anyone," you asked. Tyrion's brows furrowed and he sighed.

"That is not true, Y/N. I have been searching for you for a long time and when I discovered your fate, I was outraged. I wondered how anyone could treat someone that way. Especially someone who forms words the way you do." You blinked at him. "You've read my poems?" Tyrion nodded. "I did not buy you to keep you as a slave, Y/N. I bought you so you could be free. Free to live life. To write the way you were obviously meant to. You are not my property, my lady."

You felt your eyes well up with tears that had been left unshed for so long. "Thank you, my lord. There is no way I could ever repay your kindness." Tyrion smiled at you and stated, "You can write. That is all the repayment I need." You whispered your thanks again and finally let the tears begin to fall. For years to come, you would use your experience there as inspiration for your work and Tyrion Lannister would forever be immortalized in poetry.

h7