chapter 45 ..Series Finale

Wordporn-series :This Madness Called Love. ...chp 43 #Series Finale#
*
*
*

There was something different about the way she smiled at me across the room.
The way her eyes lit up when they saw me, the way her lashes fell over her eyes as I believe she tried to hide the blush that rose from her cheeks.

There was something different about the way she looked today.
Gone where those uncertainties around her, fear and negativity that vibrated like an invincible current when me came near her.

There was something different about the way she spoke and how she spoke.
The way her eyes darted to where I am, the way she moved her hands, the rise and drop of her chest. The way the words rolled out of her mouth with confidence ..with pride.

There was something totally different about her today..
Because today, for the first time she took a stand, unafraid of the consequences, if there are any.
Today, she owned what she believes was and is hers.. frankly speaking. I am hers 😎.
Today, she damned friendship which has gone sore and took what she wants.
Today,.she told the whole world even though we were only six. .
That I was her man , and she was not afraid to put people in their place.

There was something beautifully different about Amara today..

It's because she was mine..
And she knew it.
It's because I was hers. .through and through. .
And I knew it.

Words may have failed me
But actions didn't
Words may have been cheap. .
But the blood coursing through this veins and the rapid beating of my heart beneath my chest and the way it leaps for joy when I think about her is enough indication of how..insanely affected I am of her.

Oh...there was something thrillingly different about this girl. .I have come to love.
This girl who I saw across the street selling oranges
And I had crossed hoping to chase that strange fella away from her and I found myself hooked in her big innocent eyes, her pure heart and her trusting words..
And as the days rolled by,
My waking and sleeping thoughts were being plagued by her..

By her beautiful eyes
Her breathtaking smile
Her soft hands
Everything about her.

And for once and the first time in my life..

I felt shame for ..not appreciating women enough. For using them and tossing them away like rags I didn't want anymore.
For once in my life...I felt...I felt I should have done better for myself.

And slowly. .things that used to excite me didn't.
The clubbing, the drinking, the wild life and even the violence. .felt..like i was in a web of mess I had weaved for myself.

I never felt so much shame wash over me before. .

Only because she had looked at me..
Asking me a question ..and I had looked at myself and wondered. .

That was me!
That was exactly me.. the bad boy.
'Bruno , just the bad boy in the movies ' She had asked.
But I couldn't admit it to her. I couldn't. .
'Are you any different ??" She had asked me yet again

I couldn't admit it and yet I could not outrightly deny it and I had walked away. .
Those words. .slowly began to haunt me, tease me, taunt me..

Subconsciously I didn't want to be the same person I had alway being.
I didn't want to be Bruno who had a bad and shitty past..
I didn't want to be the Bruno that broke hearts and left a trail behind..
I wanted to only to be reminded as the brother
The friend
The son
Things that meant a lot more than the words. .

And nothing else.
And slowly..
Because of her. ..
I changed at first.
Maybe for her..
And then I changed for me..

And that was the most subconscious decision i never regretted making.
Infact, I was thankful.