Chapter 15

Wordporn-Series : this madness called love. ..14.

.............

It was dark but I could see her shadow, like a silhouette standing by the window , her head bent, her arms wrapped about her as though she was cold.
I could tell she was the one. . I had seen her alot to know the outline her shape gives.. sensed her presence even in my dreams.. and how she smelt like to know that she was the one standing there. . Her back to me.

But one thing striked me. The vibe I have is of one sad. Very sad. My heart caught in my chest. .heavy on my sleeves as I walked silently towards her...while she backed me.
It had begun to rain, the wind beating the drops against my window panes.. the curtains dancing ...but her cloths clinged to her body. As though she had being in the rain. But I didn't see the water drops to her feets. ..nor it trekking down from her hair..
All I saw was her head bent, hands hugging herself and I felt sad.

Something was wrong with my Amara!!!

"Amara?" I called her softly as I reached her, carefully placing my hand on her shoulder. She tensed. Fear from her seeped through to me. She turned and her eyes filled up.

"Amara!!" Whats wrong.. ??"

She backed away from me. "Don't please!!" She muttered. Stepping into the dark.

"No Amara. What is wrong?. I won't hurt you. I would never hurt you. It's me Bruno. Amara wait please...talk to me " ...my voice cracked. I stepped forward.

"No!! You all have thesame faces. You lie. You burn and then we are ashes. But your life goes on.. forgetting we are fragile. You are all thesame. Thesame faces..thesame faces...just thesame damn faces" ...tears drop down her face..

"Amara I would never hurt you. Tell me what's wrong Amara please. What do you mean..please" I grabbed her ...trying to stay her and she screamed ...and kept screaming..and kept screaming ....

.....................

"TF! !!!" I woke up with sweats breaking all over my body. It was raining.. my shutters were open. It was dark. It was cold and yet I was sweating.

I rolled off the bed. Feet touching the floor. The grandfather clock on my wall said 6am.

It was only a dream. But yet I felt as though it was more than that. All my sleeping and waking moments of Amara in my head has always been of intensity. Good intensities . But never have I felt afraid of her being scared of me. And what did she mean by " thesame faces. We are all thesame??"

I splashed cold water on my face. She was quiet, too quiet yesterday. Her eyes spoke words her mouth didnt want to speak.

"Oh God "!! I exclaimed.

If she was scared of me. Angry with me or having issues..I needed to know.
I don't know her..and I want to know her..protect her..save her. Even from myself.. but sitting here and worrying won't help.

I needed to see Amara. And put my raging thoughts to rest.

I turned on the shower and let the cold water trek down my body. But it didn't stop the drum beating within my heart..or the thoughts that speaks of fear.

...............

Amara woke up as soon as her mother moved.., rushing to her side.

"Mama"! Are you okay. Mama. Mama??" She lifted her up and sat down, placing her head on her lap.

"Mama??"

"Ama....what happened? Why ...what happened.??"

Amara wiped the tears from her eyelids. She had barely slept. Tending to her mother. When she fell to the ground.. she hit her head. But the swelling had gone down. The nurse across her house had given her a sedative to calm her down and out her to sleep.
Amara touched her forehead with the back of her palm. Thankful she had no fever. She breathed.