Mother knows Best ?

Edited 🤓

"KAYLEE WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN". I heard my mother say. I rolled my eyes.

I heard her slam her door to her office. I could hear footsteps coming closer towards the kitchen. I saw my sister, she had tears coming from her eyes as well as my brother. I walked over and gave her a kiss and I spoke.

"You're going to be alright ok nothing is going to happen, Lilly, just eat" I said after wiping tears from her eye.

"Alex you're a big boy and you will be ok don't cry" I wiped his tear and gave my brother and sister a soft smile. I got up and walked towards the hallway to see where my mother was.

"While you were gone I had to take care of your brat of a sister and brother" she said with a slight slur. As she walked past me I could smell alcohol.

"Well you are their mother" I said clarifying. I saw my mom go to the fridge and grab a beer from the fridge and open it. I went to go grab my brother from his chair and my sister.

"Come on guys, I have to leave" I said I could feel my mom looking at me crazy. I sat Alex back in his play area and took my sister back to her room. Once I made it upstairs. I kissed Lilly on her cheek and gave her a big hug before I left her room.

"Wait! Kay don't go please" I Heard her say frantically. She was now hugging my legs, keeping me in my position from moving.

"I promise I will be back ok just an hour or two ok" I said while picking her up and hugging her.

"Ok" she replied. Running back in her bed and covering herself up.

As I was walking down the steps I got a message.

Chloe💖: where are you?

Me: I'm leaving now be there in 10mins

Putting my phone back in my backpack I could see my mother waiting for me at the end of the steps.  "What" I said giving her an attitude.

"Where the hell are you going?" She asked after taking a sip of her drink.

"To a friend," I said walking past her to get my keys off the counter.

"Is she a girl?" My mother asked giving me an ugly look.

"That is none of your business" I said before walking out of the house and getting in the car and leaving. I knew if I left her now I was going to get it later. I didn't want to show up at Chloe's house and have some kind of bruise or cut showing she doesn't need to know not now.

I have enough scars on my body and mind she would later see.

Chloe POV

After the last text I got from Kaylee I was starting to get tired. I decided to lay down and close my eyes. Not realizing I was soon asleep.

I watched my dad run back into the fire to go get my brother. It was a minute later and I saw him with Jake. He handed Jake to my mother and I noticed he was out of breath, but what I didn't know it would be the last time I'd see him. All I remember him saying was those four words. "I love you Chloe" he said giving me a small kiss on my head. I didn't understand why he said that all I knew was he was going back in for something.

The last thing I saw before passing out was my teddy bear my father got me flying out the window. My father must have known he wasn't going to make it out of the house because that one second before I lost consciousness I saw him blow a kiss to me. Everything was black, waking up in the hospital was unsettling for me. I saw all these people around me some people I knew others I didn't, but one person I didn't see was my father.

Kaylee POV

"Hey, Kaylee how have you been?"  Chloe's mom asked.

"I'm great to have you seen Chloe," I asked wondering where she is.

"Oh yeah she told me you were coming, she should be upstairs in her room, oh tell her whenever she is ready food is done," the nice women said.

I was so excited to come to see Chloe. I wanted to talk more with her get to know her well. I want her to know me as well. As I made it to the top of the stairs I heard Chloe screaming. I ran to her room and I saw her curled in a ball and her hand balled into a fist. She was also sweating.

I ran towards the bed and sat on the bed beside her and put her laying towards my chest. I knew not to try and wake her. I just tried and Comfort her. I heard footsteps running towards her room. It was her brother and mother they were both giving me a shocked look.

"How did you do that" Chloe's mother asked in surprise.

"What do you mean," I asked knowing what she meant, but I wanted to know what she was going to say.

"She never relaxes like that nor does she let really anyone hold her when she is in that state," her mother said.

"I have a sister that kinda does this" I answered half lying and half not.

"Let me know if it gets worse I know what to give her for it. " her mother said before walking off.

I went back to just admiring Chloe before her mother came back to say something. "Oh and if she is acting like she doesn't want to be around you. She doesn't mean it" the woman finished

Knowing she might take a while to wake up I Lay down next to her and wrapped my arms around her pulling her close. Wanting her to feel safe.

Ok so I thought this chapter had posted Sunday but it didn't and I'm very sorry but I made it longer than what it was too. Good for you guys right. Anyways hope you like the chapter it sheds some light on Kaylee's background a lot more. 🙂 love you guys thanks for reading. Enjoy