Dragons

You sat across from Harry flipping through the pages of a book for Nicholas Flamel when suddenly Hermione came waltzing over with a huge book.

"I had you looking in the wrong place. How could I ever have been so stupid?" She plopped the book down on the table next to you. "I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading." The three of you looked down at the giant book. "This, is light?" Asked Ron and Hermione glared at him as she flipped through the pages.

Then she found the page. "Of course! Here Is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only know maker of the sorcerer's stone.'" You looked at her and smiled. You had read about the sorcerers stone before that why you knew his name was familiar. "The what?" The boys asked together.

"Honestly do you two ever read?" You asked as Hermione looked back at the book. "'The sorcerers stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers, it can transfer any metal to pure gold, and produces the elixir of life, which will make the drinker immortal.'"

"Immortal." Ron said. "It means you never die." Hermione said. "I know what it means." Snapped Ron. You and Harry hushed them. "'The only stone currently in existence, belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, who last year celebrated his 665 birthday,'"

You and the boys shared an astonished look. "That's what fluffy is guarding on the third floor, that's what's under the trap door, the sorcerers stone."

Later after curfew you ran with the others down to Hagrids hut.  Harry knocked on the door. When Hagrid opened the door a heat wave flew over you. "Hagrid-" Harry started. "Well hello, sorry no means to be rude but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." As Hagrid went to shut the door the four of your chanted. "We know about the sorcerers stone." In unison.

He opened the door back up. "Oh." You four followed him into his house and sat down. "We think Snape's trying to steal it." You said taking off you robe. "Snape? Blimey your not still on about him are ya?" Hagrid said.

"Hagrid we know he's after the stone we just don't know why." Harry said. "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone, he's not about to steal it." Said Hagrid. You and Hermione shared a confused look. "What?" Ron asked.

"You heard right, come on now I'm a bit preoccupied today." He said waving his hands for us to leave but no one budged. "Wait a minute, one of the teachers?" Asked Harry. "Of course, there are other things defending the stone aren't there?" Hermione asked. "Spells, enchantments." You added.

"That's right, waste of bloody time if ya ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past fluffy, ain't a soul knows how, except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told ya that."

Suddenly the pot on the fire started to wiggle and you all looked over as Hagrid carried a large golden brown egg to the table. You all crowded around. "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asked. "That it's a, it's um." Hagrid tried to make an excuse.

"I know what that is, but Hagrid, how did you get one?" Asked Ron. "I won it, off a stranger I met down at the pub, seemed thrilled to be rid of it actually." Then the egg started to hatch and you all stood back. Then a small greenish tan color creature with wings and claws stepped out and made a chirp noise.

"Is that, a dragon?" Hermione asked. "That's not just a Dragon, that a Norwegian Ridgeback, my brother Charlie works with these in Romania." "Oh bless him look he knows his mummy." Hagrid said when it turned to him. "Hello Norbert," "Norbert?" Asked Harry.

"Yeah well he's gotta have a name don't he?" Hagrid asked playing with the dragon. It sneezed and a small cloud of flames hit Hagrids beard. He fanned it away quickly. "He'll have to trained up a bit of course," you laughed. "Who's that?" Hagrid asked looking at the window. You all turned quickly and made eye contact with none other than Draco Malfoy.

He ran. "Malfoy!" You yelled running out after him. You saw him going up the hill and drew your wand casting a rounders spell, (every door he went in he ended up back out of) and caught him at the front door.

You grabbed him and slung him away from the door facing him. "I thought you didn't want to get Slytherin into trouble!?" You hissed. "At least I'm not the one who's going around messing with dragons!" He hissed back. "I went to ask Hagrid about something completely different then Dragons!" You hissed back.

Draco then drew his wand and chanted a counter curse and ran into the building. You chanced after him but lost him and sighed. You later caught up with the trio. You walked down the halls with them. "I had him at the door but lost him when he came in, sorry guys." "It wouldn't have been this bad if Malfoy didn't know." Harry said.

"I don't understand, is that bad?" Asked Ron. "Really bad." Yo and Harry said in unison as McGongall turned a corner to face you four. "Good evening." She said calmly. Then Malfoy stepped out from behind her. He smirked at you and you glared at him. You four followed McGonagall into her office.

You four stood in front of her desk as Malfoy stood arms crossed on the other side of then. "Nothing, I repeat nothing, gives a student the right to walk about the school at night, therefor is punishment for your actions, fifty points will be taken."

"Fifty!?" Harry asked shocked. "Each." Harry's face now unbelievably surprised. "Except for you miss Potter, Draco told me of how you were forced to come along." You furrowed your eyebrows confused and looked to Malfoy, he blushed and looked away.

"Professor that's-" "true." Hermione spoke. "We made her come with us." Ron finished and Harry agreed. You looked at them shocked. "But to make sure it won't happen again, all five of you will be receiving detention."

You smiled. Five. Five five five. You looked at Malfoy's shocked expression as he stood forward. "Excuse me professor, perhaps I heard you wrong, I thought you said, the five of us?" "No you heard me correctly Mr. Malfoy, see as honorable as your intentions were you too were out of bed after hours, you will be joining your classmates in detention."

He glared at the four of you but you just smiled at him.