Maya's Mad; Watch Out

:: Samantha ::  

Jordyn and Maya's eyes widened at my request. They both opened their mouths to deny it but I shut them down before they could say anything.  

"Let it go," I said through gritted teeth. 

Maya and Jordyn rolled their eyes at me before huffing and relaxing further into the couch. Minutes passed as boredom began settling into our minds and our bodies. Jordyn started playing with the ends of her honey coloured hair while absently rubbing her enlarged stomach. Maya, sadly, began glaring at her watch every five seconds as though she was trying to make time go faster by looking at it. I was so bored that I started playing Subway Surfers on my iPhone. I was about to break my high score when Maya muffled a frustrated groan and jumped from the couch. I lost my concentration and crashed into an oncoming train. 

I glared at Maya who seemed oblivious to my staring as she paced up and down. 

"What is your problem?" Jordyn asked as she too started to take notice of Maya's newfound ADHD. 

"What is taking her so long? It doesn't take an hour to try on one dress!" she exclaimed. 

Jordyn chuckled at Maya and I followed suit. The whole thing was so hilarious that Jordyn and I ended up giggling and cackling out, making some customers glance our way with wary eyes and the owner shoot us a few glares that would kill us on the spot. Maya glared at us and angrily placed her hands on her hips. 

"What is so funny?"  

I wiped the traitorous tears that escaped my eyes and slowed my breathing down. "You. This is exactly how we are going to feel when you are out shopping for a dress." 

Jordyn snorted and rolled her eyes. "That's if Zane gets off his butt and proposes." 

"He will!" Maya exclaimed as she playfully glared at us and sat down. 

Jordyn and I glanced at each other and burst out into a fit of giggles and cackles again.  

"What, when you're on your deathbed? Come on, Maya. You met my brother at fourteen. You're twenty nine. It's been fifteen years. How much longer does he plan to wait?" I pointed out with raised eyebrows. 

"We just want to wait until the right time, that's all!" 

Jordyn shot Maya a pitiful look. "Maya -" 

"How does this one look?" Vanessa said as she finally stepped out of the dressing room. The dress was breathtakingly beautiful. Vanessa decided that she wanted a floor length dress and she had to hold up the bottom of the dress to walk without stepping on it. The dress was strapless in a burnish eggshell colour. Intricately sewn beads were stitched onto the left side in a butterfly design flowing from the top of the dress to the bottom. Vanessa turned around and I silently gasped as I took in the back of the dress. It was more beautiful than the front. The back was cutout in a square and had straps holding it together. More beads were sewn into the dress, this time into a rose pattern, flowing into the train. 

I was officially and completely envious of Vanessa. 

"That dress is really beautiful, Vanessa," I said as I smiled at her. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Maya rolling her eyes in disgust and Jordyn tentatively smile as if she couldn't figure out whether to be nice or pull a Maya and roll her eyes as well. 

Vanessa beamed at my response and she gracefully stepped in front of the full length mirror, pulling different poses to check out the dress on her fantastic body. I resisted the urge to throw up and widened my smile.