Chapter 8 : Chasing Jeff

Chapter 8

The next day...

Jeff POV

"Jeff, wake up. We made it," Alex said, shaking me.

"Huh?"

"We're still ok. It's morning."

I went to sit up, but I banged my head on something hard.

"Ow!"

Alex laughed at me a little. I opened my eyes, and realized we were under Blaine's bed.

"Oh, I forgot..."

Alex helped pull me out from under the bed. She handed me my clothes, and made me go get dressed in my uniform. Once I came out, Alex, Blaine, and I headed down to the cafeteria for breakfast.

Later...

Jeff POV

"As soon as you're finished with exams, we're leaving. Are you all packed up?" Alex asked.

"Well... You packed for me," I said.

"Right. So we're going to grab our stuff and go, ok? My uncle will be waiting for us in the parking lot. How did morning exams go?"

"Um... I think I did alright."

"Good. Now we just have to make it through the afternoon exams, and we'll be good. I gave your dad's picture to Trent, David, Blaine, Nick, and Sebastian. They'll be on the lookout. And they'll text us if they see your dad."

"Ok."

"Ready for afternoon exams?"

"I think so."

"Alright. Let's go."

I followed her to the gym, where they had desks everywhere. I found my seat, which was behind Sebastian. We were sitting in alphabetical order. It made me feel a little better that I was behind someone I trusted. But I was still really nervous.

Within the next 10 minutes, exams were passed out, and I started working on the questions...

Later...

Jeff POV

I looked over both my exams once more. I think I got most of the questions right... I hope...

Only half the students were still in here working on exams. Alex, Nick, Trent, David, Blaine, and Sebastian were all gone because they were smart, and finished before me.

I raised my hand, got my papers collected, and I got up to leave. I got my phone from my locker, since we weren't supposed to have them during the test, and I checked my messages.

I had a bunch from Alex, and a voicemail from her. I clicked the voicemail first.

"Jeff, when you finish your test, get your butt up here as soon as possible. David and Blaine saw your dad here."

My heart started pounding.

All of a sudden, my phone started ringing. The caller ID said 'dad'.

I picked it up.

"H-hello?"

He replied in a very low, growly voice.

"I see you."

I turned my back against the lockers and looked around frantically.

"Jeff, over here!" Blaine said, waving at me.

I started running towards Blaine. And I heard footsteps running down the hall after me. I started panicking.

"Jeff, don't look back. Keep running," Blaine said, grabbing my hand tight.