Chapter 39

Hey welcome back! Well we keep getting closer to the end and I got to say, when I got past this part I was livid. I haven't finished a fic in such a long time or put it up online. I don't really finish some of the things I've started and now that I have, it's nuts. But I want to keep doing it and finish more fics. Please enjoy!

-------------------------

After the ceremony, the new Starlights were backstage celebrating. Yui and Skyla turned to each other and paused. Skyla then sobbed and hugged Yui tightly, muttering congratulations over and over again. Violet held Marina up bridal style as a photographer took a few photos of them. Brittany was talking to a few members before noticing Trent as a few unelected Sueronians went over to him. One sniffled as Trent pulled her into a hug.

"There's always the seventh generation auditions." He muttered.

Brittany smiled before continuing her conversation. That boy doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Other members started to go over to him and talk to him vividly, also comforting the unelected Sueronians. Of course that was until Emerald nearly tackled him to the ground. Yui watched as Marina clung to Skyla. She then felt someone brush against her arm.

"Hey captain." Iris joked.

Yui rolled her eyes.

"Don't you start calling me that too." She huffed, making Iris snickered.

The two were silent, watching everyone mingle.

"Making the Hyperforce your rivals, jeez." Yui huffed.

Iris snickered.

"I didn't mean anything spiteful by it. I was inspired by them tonight, not only in their performance it in their overall combat. They were amazing, and I want the Gary stu corps to achieve that same brilliance and teamwork." Iris explained, walking up a bit.

Yui nodded a bit.

"I want us to become rivals in the way of us motivating each other and encouraging each other. I never want it to be spiteful because I'm an actual fan of them." Iris continued as Brittany overheard this and looked over.

Iris looked at Brittany and walked over.

"So tell the Hyperforce this when you go home." She held onto Brittany's hands and smiled with determination.

"We won't be easy to beat."

Brittany was taken back by this but smiled.

"I'm sure they'll say the same." She said.

---------------------------------

Diamanda, who was barely conscious, was set in the healing tank. She looked pale and her eyes were covered in dark spots.

The team followed Chiro and the others as Gibson began to overlook her vitals.

"She's a bit malnourished and has several injuries, but she'll be fine." He sighed.

Everyone sighed in relief at the news as they watched Diamana float in the liquid. Arwen turned to Chiro.

"Was she in one of the cells?" She asked.

Chiro nodded.

"Yeah, we thought she was unconscious but she was responsive." He said.

Arwen sighed and looked at her. That was good, the poor thing looked so pale. She pulled out her choker and smiled, knowing how happy she'll be once she has this again.

"Let's give her some rest, she's going to need it." Gibson finally said before leaving.

Everyone agreed and left, with Arwen looking at the tank one last time before the door closed.