Chapter 18

Well here it is folks! The huge battle! Hope you're ready for it because I sure am!
----------------
Willow pulled her knees to her chest as the robot got closer to the tomb. Why Trent? Why him of all people? He didn't deserve this. No one did.

She then felt her mother's arms wrap around her.

"We'll get him back, don't worry." Arwen said.

Willow clutched to her arm.

"I hope so..." She said.

"Everyone, brace for landing." Chiro said as Arwen went back to her seat.

Willow clicked the seatbelt and winced. Her scar was burning wildly. She placed a hand on it and sighed, Diamanda must be going nuts over being around such evil.
------------------
The robot landed outside the tomb and everyone made their way out.

"Arwen, maybe you should stay behind." Antauri said.

Arwen glared.

"No way, remember I have powers like my daughters. I can handle a bit of combat." She huffed.

Antauri paused then nodded.

"Hyperforce! Let's move out!" Chiro said and they all made their way inside.

They walked through the dark corridors, avoiding certain traps along the way.

"I don't like this...it's too quiet." Otto muttered.

"Gibson, do you detect any life readings?" Chiro asked.

"They're a floor below us, we need to take a path from over there." Gibson said pointing to a doorway on the right.

Otto turned on his communicator.

"Hey Mandarin, you doing ok?" He asked.

Mandarin paused before speaking.

"Huh? Oh yes I'm fine." He said, getting over his discovery.

"You sure? You sound kind of off."

"I was just thinking." Mandarin sighed, looking at the blood samples.

Otto blinked but kept the communicator on.

As everyone kept going down they brought out their weapons. The tension and anxiety getting thicker with each step. They then entered a huge dark room.

Before anyone could use some sort of light, the room then lit up and everyone shielded their eyes.

Skelemandarin walked out of a hole in the wall.

"Well...this is nostalgic to me. Kind of like our last battle was set up, only now," he smirked.

"I will win this time!"

Then several formless slithered into the room, weapons ablaze.

"This is it? Seriously?" Nova sighed, this is going to be too easy.

"Where is Trent?!" Willow demanded.

Skelemandarin smirked.

"Funny you should ask where he is."

The Hyperforce felt someone walking in behind them.

"Oh! There he is now. Your timing is impeccable."

Everyone coiled in shock when they saw Trent, however it was clear that it wasn't the Trent they knew. His overall aura was darker than before. He looked to the others and smiled darkly.

"Hey Willow, how's it going?"

Willow's breath caught and she shook.

"No..."