2. The End Of An Era *ReWritten Ending*

Start from the beginning

I'm still slightly possessive of Lillian.

"Yes Sahib?"

"Where is Lillian? Eddie? Rosie?"

Karim visibly paled. He turned white as a sheet. "Umm well uh." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

I knew he knew something and rage bubbled inside me. "Karim..." My voice was low and threatening. It posed no argument.

"Here Sahib. This was found on the kitchen counter around six hours ago."

Six hours ago. Around four. The note went as follows.

Mr Ambrose.

Its not working is it? The marriage, the children, our lives! We aren't working as a couple and I think it's best to take a break. Time apart from each other.

It can be permeant if you want. That's why I've left. Taken the children with me. I hope you are happy without us. We weren't working.

You were hardly ever there emotionally and physically. It's not a marriage it's a lifestyle of you working, working and working some more. I never even saw you hold Rose.

I wish you luck in life. I wish you find someone else to love.

Everlastingly sorry.

Lillian Linton

I've never felt my heart break before. It felt like it was ripped out of me and crushed into a million pieces.

Linton.

She signed the letter as Linton. Not Ambrose. Not my second name. Our second name. That hurt more than anything.

I've never felt desperation before. If this is what it feels like I never want to feel it even again.

A desperation for my wife and children. A life I want so desperately. I want her.

Now it seems it's something I can never have.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Two months. Two blast-idly long months with no contact from Lilly. My life doesn't seem to have meaning anymore.

Karim forced me to go to a ball. To be seen in society. I haven't been anywhere in two months. We don't know where Lilly is. She moves between her sisters and family members constantly.

The ball. A boring waste of time. I could be working now.

All I ever seem to do is work. Slave away for hours on end. I don't sleep. The bed still smells like her and I don't have the heart to clean out their rooms.

Even though I was still technically married to Lillian women still came up and asked me to dance. Constantly it was such a chore.

I knew Dalegish would be here. That's another one of my reasons to attend this ball.

Suddenly I saw a flash of light brown hair through the crowd.