Kouha

A/N: a long time ago, I said I would make non canon side stories of Kayleah and whatever character was most popular-ly shipped with her. Yes that was a long time ago, and only now have I fulfilled it once again.

Another side note, I have updated the cover picture to an artwork of Kayleah I did!

I am quite satisfied with it so I hope I don't suddenly feel like remaking it xD

Wells enjoy the side story! Another reminder that this is severely non-canon to the fanfic.

Doesn't it hurt to only realise how much you loved someone only when they are gone?

Kayleah woke up in a wonderful mood, not to be ruined by anyone at all. She hummed to the tune of the melody her father used to sing to her. It was one of the remaining connections she had of them. Humming it led her down a stream of memories and emotions. She misses them dearly, but all she can do now is protect the new world.

"Kayleah! I'm here to visit!" A familiar and annoying voice belonging to a certain red head rung through the halls of the palace of Sindria.

Her doors swung open and the male waltz in like it was his own home. Kayleah sighs and grabbed her wand, creating a borg around her to prevent him from crashing her with a hug.

"What is it Kouha? Why didn't you tell me you are visiting?" She asked the prince.

"Then it wouldn't be much of a surprise would it?" Kouha replied excitedly. Kayleah sighed as the thought of her perfectly good day being ruined by the prince crossed her mind. However there was nothing she could do about it since it would be rude to the Kou Empire to do anything to the 'visiting' prince. She was aware that the Kou Empire was sending a ship of cargo to trade with Sindria, but she was not expecting Kouha to come as well

"What's with the 'pleasant' surprise anyway? Don't you have prince-ly duties or something?" She asked.

"Those come second to my future bride," Kouha replied with a pout.

"Call me that again and I will not hesitate to send you back to Kou fried up," She threatened the irritating prince. She could fight against the Kou Empire. She was strong enough after all.

"You shouldn't be so dishonest about your feelings for me, Kayleah" Kouha teased.

"All I see is that you are being delusional. I don't feel anything, but indifference to you, Kouha," She replied with a sigh. "Besides don't you know better than to barge into a girl's room? I could have been changing or something."

"I would take responsibility if that was to happen," Kouha said with a smirk. She swore that was what he was planning to do...