Prologue

The purple hair teenager was settling down in a small city in the Reim Empire when he heard a soft whimpering cry. He asked his white hair friend if he heard it too.

"Yes Sin, I hear it too. What could that be?" his friend replied.

"Maybe it is a baby," the big blue hair guy replied.

The three walked out of their small home and getting noticed a basket at their doorstep. Inside the basket laid a little baby girl. She was crying softly, probably after realizing her parents were no longer with her.

"What is she doing here?" The white hair boy asked suspiciously.

"Don't be so rude Ja'far!" Sin shouted and smacked the young boy's head. "It's winter! She must be freezing!"

"Ow..." Ja'far winced and rubbed the back of his head gingerly. He knelled down and picked up the little infant. She seemed to have stopped crying and fell back to sleep.

"Aw. She likes you Ja'far," Sin cooed and caressed the young infant's soft head.

"Well that's good. Let's bring her into the house," the big blue hair guy suggested and went in. "She will freeze out there."

Sin took the basket from the ground and realized a note inside. He took it out and read it. There was no addressing, no paragraphs, no sentences, just one word 'Kayleah' was written on it.

"It seems like her name is Kayleah," Sin said and went in with Ja'far. Ja'far placed the sleeping infant on his lap and realized the towel wrapping her body coming off and revealing some baby skin. He immediately blushed and cover her up again.

"What's there to be a shame of, Ja'far? You'll be taking care of her from now on!" Sin announced.

"Let me get this straight. You expect me to help you do your paperwork, managed the stock and look after a baby?" Ja'far asked.

"Of course! Kayleah likes you after all! You are now her big brother!" Sin replied.

"E-Eh?!" Ja'far shouted in shock, accidentally waking the baby up. She started crying and Ja'far kept trying to get her to keep quiet. The infant tugged on the young boy as he struggled to keep his balance, holding a crying baby.

As a last resort, Ja'far hugged the infant and she stopped crying a little after. She was soon fast asleep, fortunate for the white haired boy.

"Everyone, get some baby clothes for Kayleah, now," Ja'far ordered sternly and glared daggers at the crowd that formed after they heard a baby cry. They immediately took off looking for any bits of small clothing they could find.

"Sin," Ja'far called out to the purple haired teenager who was slowly tiptoeing away from the scene, hoping to get away not holding any responsibly of the infant.

"Yes? Ja'far?" Sin asked and sweatdropped.

"I'll file this to the officials that this child will be adopted by Hinahoho since he is one of the only adult and he is married. However, she will be known as your younger sister," Ja'far said.

"Why mine?" Sin asked and gave his white haired companion a blank look.

"Why? It's simply because-" Ja'far explained, but was cut of by Sin.

"I see! So Hinahoho is the dad, I am the older brother and Ja'far is the mother!" Sin laughed happily.

"What?!" Ja'far exclaimed in disgust.

"Mama!" The infant called out and laughed.

"See! Kayleah agrees too!" Sin continued to laugh, harder this time.

"St-Stop laughing already!" Ja'far shouted angrily, blushing at the same time from embarrassment.

"Ja'far! I have found some clothes for the girl!" Someone shouted and rushed forward to the white haired boy, admiring the girl after handing over the spare clothing. "She's so cute! And her pink hair is rather intriguing, isn't it? I will take a rough guess and say she's just turned one year old. She seems kind of big for baby less than a year old."

"Who would leave such a young girl outside our door even!" Sin shouted in despair. "You poor Kayleah. Your parents left you here. But it's okay! You have us now! We are your family!"

"I don't even think she can understand you..." Ja'far sighed and sweatdropped.

"Fa-mi-li?" The infant asked. She stared into blank space for a moment, which made everyone worried. Then she gave a big smile, which made everyone want to cuddle her because of her cuteness.

+++

"Ja'far-nii..." The 7 year old girl whimpered as she entered the white haired boy's room. She walked towards him and attempted to wake him up. Her face was red and there were slight signs of tears at the corner of her eyes.

The white haired boy woke up in shock, but calmed down soon after he saw the small pink haired girl.

"Can't sleep?" He asked. The pink haired girl nodded and replied, "I had that nightmare. Again..."

"That nightmare?" The white haired boy questioned, his curiosity grew bigger and bigger. "What was it about?"

"I don't know! But every time I wake up, I am shaking in fear and crying. My heart is beating really fast. I feel that it has something to do with me-"

"It's fine..." Ja'far sighed and hugged the panicking child. She has seen having such nightmares ever so often ever since they adopted her. She would go cuddle up to her Ja'far who she considered a big brother like the rest to sleep. It calmed her down as Ja'far was the person she was closes to.

"Come sleep with me then..." Ja'far said and the child climbed onto the teenager's bed and cuddled up next to him. Falling asleep almost immediately.

A/N: Hey guys! Yeah, I know I posted another fanfic. To be honest, I had like 12 books on hold so I really wanted to start posting, at least, my fanfics. I would probably have slower updates, but I will try my best! If you liked the prologue, read Chapter 1 and comment down if you want it to continue