Chapter 20: K.K

KAYLEAH'S POV

I could not ignore Kouha forever and I do not mean that I forgive him or anything of such. I simply could not stand how pouty he was and what he had been doing to my younger brother. He has been using Aladdin to entertain his boredom. I have been sitting down at the luggage cabin so I could avoid all contact with any of them. I can't even sleep since my magic disappears when I sleeping, meaning that I was vulnerable to Kouha and hell no am I letting that happen, however, the result of that is my current extremely weary state.

I took a small peak at what was going on in the cabin since they had gone rather quiet. Kouha and Aladdin were asleep. Taking the chance, I closed my eyes and took a short nap.

+++

KOUHA'S POV

"Did it work?" I asked, opening my eyes a little to peak. I could see Kayleah's small sleeping figure lying down before me. I grinned and got up from my seat, tip toeing to her. Stretching out my palm, I patted Kayleah's hair. I ran my fingers through her soft pink hair.

"Oi! You over there!" I called out to a girl with long pink hair wearing a pink dress who seemed slightly younger than me.

"Hmm?" The girl turned around to face me. She pointed to herself and asked, "Me?"

"Yes you, who else would I being calling for?" I replied. "What's your name? You helped me, but I don't know what's your name." This girl saved my family from a pack of bandits. She was amazing with magic, blasting each one far away.

"Hmm, it's Kayleah... What's yours?" She asked.

"Wait... you don't know me?" I asked. This surprised me, how could she not know who I am? I am the third prince of the Kou Empire, yet this amazing commoner did not know me?

"Yeah..." she muttered, twirling her hair with a finger.

"My name is Ren Kouha, the third imperial prince of the Kou Empire," I introduced myself proudly, only to find Kayleah wiping her staff with a cloth, almost like she was ignoring me on purpose. "Hey! I was talking!"

"Ah right, sorry, I remembered I had to clean to clean my staff. Sorry but I got to go," Kayleah said in a hurry as if someone was calling out for her. "I'll see you again Kouha!" Then she ran off into a distance.

~~~

"Kayleah! I did some research. You are a Magi right?" I asked the next time I saw her.

"Hmm? Yeah I guess," she replied. "But there's nothing big behind it, it's just a title." Her smile curled down and her head tilted to the ground for a while.

"You are lying! I have seen your magic, you are awesome!" I exclaimed. She smiled and laughed. Her laugh was like music to my ears.

"I'm nothing compared to my parents," Kayleah sighed. "They can't even teach me magic anymore..."

"Why not?" I asked.

"... They aren't here," she replied hesitantly with a long silence before she said so.

"You mean they are dead?" I asked. Kayleah was only 9, her parents disappeared at such a small age? She nodded slightly, her soul seemed to have left like I was talking to her physical body. She seemed so out of it, like a traumatizing past was hiding behind the bright smiles she gave.