Chapter 24: his confession

"Why do you keep running away?" A voice made me open my eyes to an endless void of darkness. Before I could even question where I was, the figure of a small girl appeared floated down in front of me.

"Kayleah-nee, why did you disappear?" The figure asked. Her voice sounded sweet and innocent like a child's. But I had no idea who she was.

"Kayleah-nee, you said you won't going to leave me," she said sounded a little more ominous and dark and so did her figure.

"Kayleah-nee," she said and reached out her shadow-like hands to my cheek, touching it gently. "You used to caress me so gently like this so that I can fall asleep with no worries." Her hands felt cold and empty as I stood rooted to the spot, unable to move an inch.

"Kayleah-nee." Like a porcelain jar, cracks started to appear around her shadowlike body. "Why did you break your promise?" The porcelain jar shattered.

I woke up in cold sweat. I ran my fingers through my hair as my eyes were widened in shock. These dreams have been recurring every night ever since i went back to Magnoshuttat. I'm not sure why exactly, but I suspect that it has something to do with the secret I've been searching for. Someone had erased my memories.

"Kayleah, are you awake?" Yunan knocked on the door and asks.

"Ah, yes, I've just woken up," I replied and got out of bed, fixing my hair up a little and changing into my casual wear. I shrunk down my staff into a hair pin and pinned up my hair, then heading out.

Yunan's hut isn't very big since he was the only one who lived here most of the time. He only had one other guest room that I used to stay in as a child, though I often would sneak into his room and sleep with him instead.

I glanced around looking for my dear fanalis friend, but she was no where to be found in this hut.

"If you are looking for Morgiana, she is outside doing some training," Yunan said as he laid out my food on the table.

"Aww, why is she always training... I rarely see her..." I sighed. But this means that she's doing all right with her training. I can't wait for the reunion between those three, I can just hope that it is not on a battlefield...

I sat down and started to eat my breakfast. Yunan food were really simple since he usually lives with himself, but he still manages to make them taste good. If possible I would like to live here. It's so much more comfortable and peaceful here in the dark continent. In any case I could just live here in Yunan's hut forever since I got my transportation circles all around the world. However, it depends on Yunan.

"Hey Yunan, can I live here?" I asked the question and it almost made Yunan spit out the tea he was drinking in shock. "No?"

"Well, why would you want to live here? It will be a bore to you," Yunan asked.

"I like the peaceful atmosphere and there aren't a lot of people living here besides you and the Torran Clan. I wouldn't mind living here," I replied.

"But that mean you will be living in a house with a guy," Yunan said.

"It's only you, Yunan, I'm used to being with you," I laughed.

"What do you mean it's only me?..." he sighs. "What exactly do you see me as?"

"Well-"