Chapter 19: Ren Kouha

I opened my eyes slowly and found myself in a dark room. I sat up slowly, my body aching from not moving for a day or two, I am not sure. I glance around and see my three friends, sleeping.

Three? Where's Hakuryuu? Did he leave while I was sleep? I sighed and got out of the bed. There was a plate of wrapped up food on the table with a note. It wrote:

Dear Kayleah,

If you happen to wake up in the night, here is some dinner.

From, everyone.

I smiled and unwrapped the food. It was chicken and rice. I took the fork and spoon and started to eat. It was nothing fancy, but after not eating for who knows how long, I am famished! I stared at the three sleeping kids. Aladdin seemed abnormally happy, Morgiana was just normal and Alibaba seemed exhausted.

I guess I am going to Magnostadd when the sun is up. But... What is this uneasy feeling I am getting?...

The sun was starting to come up. I decided to prepare breakfast for us. Just a normal plate of egg and toast since that was practically all the inn had to offer. As I was cooking in the spare kitchen, I heard someone call me out.

"Kayleah, you are awake?..." It was a drowsy voice of a female. I turned to see the fanalis rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Good morning Morgiana," I greeted. "I'm wide awake. The age spell takes a huge toll on my energy you see. Even a magi like me gets her magoi exhausted from huge spells. Was I asleep for long?"

"I see... You have been sleeping for about a day. You are making breakfast?" Morgiana asked as she took notice of what I was doing.

"Yup," I replied as I kept watch on the egg. I was going to put it on the plate on the right time.

"Good morning, Alibaba!" I heard Aladdin greet when he woke up.

"Aladdin... Keep your voice down," Alibaba grumbled. "It hurts my wounds.

I giggled as I finished preparing the food. I laid out the plates on the table along with the food and called them out, "Alibaba! Aladdin! I prepared breakfast! Come on out to get them."

They came out grogily and sat at the table. This will be the last time in a while that we get to all sit together like this.

+++

We were at the docks saying our farewells. Alibaba was going to take a ship. Aladdin and I were going to fly there using his magic turban. Morgiana was going to walk there.

"Okay... Take care you guys!" Alibaba said.

"Right!" Aladdin replied.

"Next time we see each other, I'll be so powerful it'll knock your socks off!" Alibaba said with pride.

"So will I!" Aladdin cheered.

"I, too, will be every bit as powerful as the two of you," Morgiana said.

"But you are not going there to train. You're still gonna get even stronger?" Alibaba asked and Morgiana nodded.

"Wells, good luck all of you," I laughed. Aladdin took off his magic turban and laid it for us to get on. I got on and waved goodbye to Alibaba and Morgiana.

"Bye, Alibaba, Morg! See you again sometime!" Aladdin shouted as he waved goodbye.

"Yeah let's meet again!" Alibaba shouted.

"Please take care!" Morgiana shouted.

We flew up higher and higher. On the magic turban, we chatted since there isn't anything else we can do. Magnostadd was a few hours or days away after all.