Chapter 4: He's back

The daylight greeted the sleeping princess. However, her peaceful slumber was soon to be disturbed by her white-haired brother with news which should concern her a lot.

"Kayleah! Get up! Sin is coming back," Ja'far announced but was greeted by a pillow in his face and a grumpy sleepyhead.

"Get out," she threatened by throwing a dagger that she keeps under her pillow at him, only just missing his head by a milli centimeter. She glared at the intruder with dagger-like eyes. If looks could kill, you would be reading Ja'far's funeral scene.

"Y-Yes Kayleah," Ja'far replied and ran out.

"Back to sleep," the princess yawned and plopped down into bed as if nothing happened.

+++

KAYLEAH'S POV

The chiming of bells was what awoke me. I opened my eyes and yawned. Stretching my arms in the air releasing some tension in my body.

"His majesty, King Sinbad, has returned!"

Huh? Sin-nii is home?

"WHAT?!" I shouted and woke up when I heard that. I immediately got into my clothes and jumped out of the window, using magic to float down to the ground. He was walking to Ja'far at the entrance.

"Nothing brings me more joy than your safe return," Ja'far greeted.

"Thanks for watching over this place in my absence," Sinbad replied.

"SINNNNNN!" I shouted and dropped in between both of them. "Welcome back!"

He looked at with a shocked and confused look. "Who are you?"

An irked mark appeared on my forehead and I threatened, "Onii-san. I give you 3 seconds to guess who I am before I kill you. 3... 2..."

"KAYLEAH?!" Sin replied in shock.

"Yup, that's my name, don't wear it out," I replied with a smile.

"You are back! How long has it been?" Sin asked.

"4 years exactly," I replied quickly. "I am still young and free, yet you..." I judged him up to down. "Are older and more restricted with Sindria. You look like you should be my father now... So how about it, oto-san?" I laughed.

Sinbad laughed for a while but then started to sulk at a corner.

"Keep yourself together Sin! You are a king now you know?" Jafar scolded.

"But... But... I feel so old..." Sin whined.

"Oto-san, you shouldn't do stuff like that, you are the king you know?" I sighed. Sin started crying more when I called him oto-san. I felt kind of bad, but I could not stop laughing. Then Jafar hit me and scolded me, "Kayleah! Say sorry to your older brother!"

I gasped in realisation and said, "Jafar is oka-san!" Then, started rolling on the floor laughing like crazy.

"You got to admit, Kayleah's got a point," Sharrkan said all of a sudden. I stared at him for 2 whole seconds and noticed Spartos too, then greeted, "Hey Sharrkan-nii and Spartos-nii. I forgot you were there."

"It's good to see you well, Kayleah," Spartos greeted. "How was Magnostadd?"

"Wonderful! But..." I replied and looked towards Sin who was slowly being calmed down. "Sin. I need to speak to you about what I have learnt from my study."

Sin looked up and nodded. Then, he got up and replied, "All right, Kayleah. Tell me everything about your adventure."

"Just like how you always tell me yours!" I exclaimed.