Chapter 12: Ithnan

~flashback~

"Ithnan, you shouldn't drink so much beer, you know that?" I sighed as I watched my friend drink down the cup of wine in spite of his drunken behavior. Ithnan was weak to alcohol, yet he still indulged in them when we had these breaks. I was still underage so I refused to indulge in them.

"I can do what I want..." He mutters, then he grabbed a cup of wine and passed to me, "You should drink if you want to"

"No, I shouldn't I am only underage after all. Besides Oka-san and Oto-san might get mad at me," I replied. "You are doing great being awake so long. Are you using your magic to zap your consciousness? Your magic really is awesome!"

"Don't try to flatter me!" Ithnan shouted.

"But, it's true. Your lightning magic is awesome," I laughed.

"Shut up... You can use all kinds of magic..." He pouted which was really cute. I poked his cheek and laughed.

~end of flashback~

I still remember how it was back then. The days were gold and everyone was doing so well. Too bad they didn't last.

I tried rushing in to help them, quickly drawing up a huge borg in hope that it would help. However, Ithnan kept me from going by trying to zap me with his lightning magic.

"I see your accuracy has improved immensely," I smirked as I complimented. I suddenly hit into a wall of lightning. Ithnan must have set this up and was luring me in. The walls of lightning enclosed around me, preventing my escape. I could only watch.

"I had a bit of target practice," Ithnan replied. It seems that Aladdin was trying to fight back, but Isaac was protecting her.

"Good job, Isaac. You must protect Dunya until it's ready to be used," Ithnan said.

"Yes, Master Ithnan," Isaac replied. Alibaba and Hakuryuu charged forward at Isaac trying to attack him, but they were struggling against Isaac's speed. Alibaba tried going faster, but it was futile. Isaac raised his sword and slashed down, but before that, Hakuryuu went in front Alibaba to protect him. The sword slashed off Hakuryuu's arm. I widened my eyes in shock and screamed, "Hakuryuu!"

"Poor child," Dunya said. "I shall spare you a little mercy. I will put you out f your misery straight away. Extreme Magic: Rea Baldo." The swords started to crash down on them. A huge smokescreen blocked my view of what was going on. I screamed their names, hoping they would reply.

"Master Ithnan, the Organization will agree to aid us in rebuilding Musta'sim now, won't they?" Dunya asked.

"Where were you aiming?" Ithnan asked. Then, I heard Alibaba jump up and attack them from behind. The smoke cleared up and I saw them. Aladdin a bit further from where the swords landed.

"Why are you over there?" Dunya asked.

"It's water magic that uses high temperature water vapour to refract light," Aladdin replied.

"Water vapour?" Dunya asked. "No! You mean those water vapor explosions you shot earlier were for this?!" Alibaba charged forward and continued attacking Isaac. "Isaac, defeat them!"

"Yes, My Queen," Isaac said, but his movements were funny.

"His magoi's run out," Ithnan sighed. Alibaba did one final hit and Isaac fell to the ground.

"There's nothing in there! Not even in his head!" Hakuryuu exclaimed.

"You got us... But it isn't over. It's not right, Isaac?" Dunya asked.